Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Creditor CRA access

Copyright, Trade Marks, Patents, Information Law etc

Re: Creditor CRA access

Postby caffiene » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:42 pm

I should have pointed out that if arrears or defaults appear on his CRA file due to a dispute, there is action he can take.
He must first prove his innocence and then he can get negative marks removed after they are proved innacurate. So, the law does provide a right to redress.
I imagine it may require some determination to get things put right.
caffiene

Postby dls » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:13 am

You overstate what is required.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby caffiene » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:46 pm

Point taken. The consumer does have a right to redress if things go wrong. Sometimes an ombudsman may resolve a dispute without risk or expense of the data subject provided it is a straightforward case.

With regards to who is a 'lender', according to the 'Water companies CAIS reporting guidance' information may be reported to CRAs even if the contract is one of advance payment.
This has come as a surprise to me. Here, the water comapny is in 'debt' to the customer but is still a 'lender' for credit reporting purposes. I suspose they are 'lending' the customer their water supply infrastructure?

I must point out that in the guidance it appears that although data is shared with the CRA, they do not publish the bill payment information on the credit report if bills are paid on time.
caffiene

Previous

Return to Intellectual Property