Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Eviction in case of illegal renting

Re: Eviction in case of illegal renting

Postby Boo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:01 am

south1 wrote:My reply to ‘Boo’ is.

I have a valid oral tenancy and I pay the rent myself.

The Council assists only council tenants to find alternative accommodation or people who are in the priority list i.e. elderly, disable and people with children

No, they don't.

The housing options team will investigate this landlord. They will find out whether the landlord has received notice regarding this room. If the notice has been sent they should already know. If they don't, enlighten them. They should assist as part of their homeless prevention strategy.

Ask your landlord if you can see/and or have a copy of the notice. On Monday morning go and present to the council and speak to them. Someone within the HOT will ring him and speak to him about the notice and the threats to evict.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby south1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:16 pm

Unfortunately I think that my landlord is telling me the true at least partly because today he told me that on Monday someone is going to visit the property

I have asked my landlord to show me any notice or correspondence that he could have received from the Council but he refuses

The Council could assist me even if I am not in the priority list i.e. it can phone my Landlord, warn him of prosecution if he illegally evict me ..etc but what I think it will not do is to find me alternative accommodation I know that because five years ago I was already illegally evicted and the Council refused to find me alternative accommodation even if I was illegally evicted because I was not in the priority list
south1

Postby Boo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 pm

I didn't say they are going to accommodate you.
They may signpost you to a reputable landlord.
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby Boo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:10 pm

south1 wrote:Unfortunately I think that my landlord is telling me the true at least partly because today he told me that on Monday someone is going to visit the property

It may be in your best interest to be present,
Boo

Postby Hairyloon » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Boo wrote:
south1 wrote:Unfortunately I think that my landlord is telling me the true at least partly because today he told me that on Monday someone is going to visit the property

It may be in your best interest to be present,

Check their ID.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby south1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:52 pm

I do not know if it would be better I am here.

I have checked in the website of the planning department and my landlord did not make a planning application to build a self-contained unit in his garage at the back of the garden. However if the council cannot prove that he is renting it it could still maybe be ok and I could maybe keep my home. It is a very good quality spacious room. My landlord can say to the Council that he built this self-contained unit for himself to spend sometime alone there and that he has not enough place in his house and he store some of his personal belonging there. He can say also that he built it to accommodate menbers of his familly when they come to see him on holidays
south1

Postby theycantdothat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Does the landlord reside in the house of which the let room forms part?
theycantdothat

Postby south1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:39 pm

My landlord lives in the main house and me I live in a small building at the end of his garden which is self-contained
south1

Postby south1 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm

My landlord told me that the City Council which has visited my room says that my boiler should be removed because my room which is at the end of the garden is too far from the main house. My landlord told me that the Council says that there could only be water and electricity but not gas into my room. My landlord told me also that the City Council says that there could not be hot plates for cooking in my rooms

As a consequence my boiler has been stopped and I do not have anymore hot water and central heating. I can use only electric heating

I would like to know if someone knows the regulation which says that there could not be a boiler and hot plates in a building at the end of a garden.

My landlord told me that the Council will write him a letter in two weeks time and I would like to know if my landlord could appeal against this decision and on which grounds
south1

Postby atticus » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:07 pm

your landlord is harassing you, and telling you stories to cover this up.

I bet you have not done what Boo suggested.
atticus

PreviousNext

Return to Landlord and Tenant Law