Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Council advise to break law?

Re: Council advise to break law?

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:34 pm

dls wrote:I am sure that it is indeed unhelpful to the tenant.

Any other arrangement however suggests that anyone asked to leave a private tenancy will automatically be offered council accommodation. I entirely agree that more such should be available, but we are where we are.

Accepted, but we need more joined up thinking: perhaps a scheme to help all the parties together: everybody is ultimately looking for much the same outcome.
Thatcher made a shameful decision to sell off council house stock. Councils simply do not have enough available.

The shameful decision was to not allow the revenue to be re-invested in housing.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Boo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:49 am

Hairyloon wrote:
Boo wrote:It gives the tenant an extra month (which they may not need) to find another private let property.

Yes, obviously, but wouldn't everybody be better off if they didn't have to go to court to get that extra month?

Absolutely. They can find another private let before the the eviction notice expires.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby Boo » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 am

Hairyloon wrote:
dls wrote:I am sure that it is indeed unhelpful to the tenant.

Any other arrangement however suggests that anyone asked to leave a private tenancy will automatically be offered council accommodation. I entirely agree that more such should be available, but we are where we are.

Accepted, but we need more joined up thinking: perhaps a scheme to help all the parties together: everybody is ultimately looking for much the same outcome.

Tell me more about this scheme.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby Hairyloon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:07 am

Boo wrote:Tell me more about this scheme.

I don't believe I have sufficient information to design it by myself. :(
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Previous

Return to Landlord and Tenant Law