Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Internal alteration and planning condition

Land, Registered Land, Planning law etc.

Harassing my neighbour

Postby south1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:23 pm

This property was a block of two flats. One in the ground floor and another made up of the first and second floor. And my neighbour has split it into a block of three flats. Two flats in the ground floor and one made up of the first and second flat. This means two things. First that the consequence of having building two flats where there was only one is that the living conditions of the occupiers of these two flats is very bad specially those of the flat in the back which has ended up with little light. Secondly that my landlord wants to maximise profit and as a consequence he certainly does not intend to keep his three flats empty a long time

Even if my neighbour is occupying himself the flat where there is little light he has several toddlers and I think that the environment health department should take care of their well-being.

I would like to understand if the heath environment had the right to issue a ‘notice of intended entry’ and not execute it?
south1

Harassing my neighbour

Postby Boo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Prospective tenants will have the choice as to whether to accept or decline the offer of a tenancy after viewing the accommodation.

It's really their choice to make.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Harassing my neighbour

Postby south1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:32 pm

yes but this property has lost its light in two steps. First a fence was erected in front of two of the three windows and then several months later a second fence was erected in front of the third window. Hence a tenant could have accepted the flat with two of the three windows boarded and then the third windows was boarded when he was already in the flat in this case he could not chose
south1

Harassing my neighbour

Postby south1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:39 pm

Moreover the fact that there is a big shortage of accommodation means that some people are in a desperate situation and so contrary to what you say they do not have choise. And this is not a reason to take advantage of the situation and make money by renting them a substandard accommodation which harm their health specially if there is children involved
south1

Harassing my neighbour

Postby atticus » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Southy appears to be in denial of that which is obvious to everyone else: his primary motivation is to cause trouble for his neighbour.

He is asking us to discuss how he may achieve his objective of getting the council to take action against the neighbour. Southy is also in denial of the fact that that is harassment.

Should this thread now be locked?
atticus

Harassing my neighbour

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:29 pm

Yes.
Smouldering Stoat

Harassing my neighbour

Postby Boo » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:34 pm

Have you...
Been in the property to see what it's like?
Spoken to anyone who has rented the property to see whether they were happy or not with the accommodation?
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Harassing my neighbour

Postby south1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:53 pm

I have not been inside but do you imagine to live in a flat with three windows with 80% of their surface covered specially that the kitchen and the living room in the basement rely for light on the light coming from these windows in the ground floor through a lightwell. Furthermore the tenants can say that they are happy with their accommodation simply because they have nowhere else to go but as explained in my previous posts it is not a reason to put at risk their health specially this of their children.

Please do not lock my thread it raises interesting legal issues. Moreover I am convinced that it is not harassment because I have good purposes which is to protect the health of these tenants and also to protect my privacy because if I prevent my neighbour from having this flat occupied less people will look through the windows with clear glasses
south1

Harassing my neighbour

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:37 pm

People who carry out campaigns of harassment usually think they're acting out of some higher purpose. What's important is the effect this is having on people around you.

I'm going to lock this thread now. I think it has run its course. You're just asking us to validate the things you're doing, and I don't think that's good for you or your neighbours.
Smouldering Stoat

Harassing my neighbour

Postby 3.14 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:39 pm

Yes, I agree it should be locked.
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom

PreviousNext

Return to Land Law