Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Internal alteration and planning condition

Land, Registered Land, Planning law etc.

Request for an Article 4 direction by a local resident

Postby south1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:52 pm

In case a local resident makes a request for an article 4 Direction for an area and proves that it is necessary because permitted development rights can cause loss of amenity in this area. I would like to know if the council refuses because it says that financial compensation will be payable to residents if it issues an Article 4 Direction if the council has to put forward evidence that this is true?

In case compensation is really payable to residents if an article 4 Direction is issued I would like to know if the interest of the area which will lose amenity because of permitted development rights takes priority or it is the finance of the council which will take priority in deciding whether or not to issue this article 4 direction

I have found in the Internet that in some cases a request for an Article 4 direction is determined at a planning committee of councillors. I would like to know in which circumstance a local resident can obtain that his request for an Article 4 Direction is determined at a planning committee of councillors
south1

Re: Request for an Article 4 direction by a local resident

Postby atticus » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:31 pm

What is this fourth article? Does anyone know?
atticus

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:44 pm

A direction from a local planning authority which withdraws certain permitted development rights within a defined area.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:49 pm

If the OP is planning this as the latest episode in his feud with his neighbour, he should be aware that a direction does not affect works which have already been carried out.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby south1 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:38 pm

I intend to have the work which has already been carried out removed and I need an article 4 direction with immediate effect to be sure that this work will not be carried out again
south1

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:59 pm

In that case I see that you have not given up on your campaign of criminal harassment against your neighbour.
Smouldering Stoat

Previous

Return to Land Law