Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Another trustee / land owner query. (or two)

Land, Registered Land, Planning law etc.

Re: Another trustee / land owner query. (or two)

Postby dls » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:22 am

I agree that all your conversations on this suggest something other than a simpe situation. It might in the end be very simple, but many things may need checking off first.

There are a few essentials - the trust deed and any particular conditions in it, and then the nature of the asset and the identity and status of the parties, and the intended object of the assignment.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby shootist » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:54 am

dls wrote:I agree that all your conversations on this suggest something other than a simpe situation. It might in the end be very simple, but many things may need checking off first.

There are a few essentials - the trust deed and any particular conditions in it, and then the nature of the asset and the identity and status of the parties, and the intended object of the assignment.

Thanks.

No conditions on the trust document save one that requires the trustees to support any assignment of a share in accordance with the beneficial owner's wishes. The asset would be one of a dozen or so shares in the land as beneficial owners. All the beneficial owners are of equal status. The intended object of the assignment is the complete and total transfer of ownership of the share to another party, the giver seeking to wash his hands of it entirely as far as the law allows, transferring all rights and responsibilities to the other party.

This particular part of the situation is mostly a stand alone issue, without going into too many details.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby atticus » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:12 am

Dls meant that regard needs to be had to the terms of the trust, as set out in the trust deed. This needs to be dealt with properly in accordance with the terms of that document.
atticus

Postby theycantdothat » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:40 pm

No conditions on the trust document save one that requires the trustees to support any assignment of a share in accordance with the beneficial owner's wishes.

That sounds a bit of an odd one. Can you expand please?

The problem we have is that any opinion is going to be limited if we do not know have all the relevant information. That more or less means we need to know everything in order to know what is relevant. (It is like Sir Humphrey, on being told he only needed to know things on a need to know basis, saying that he needed to know everything because how would he know whether he needed to know it?)
theycantdothat

Previous

Return to Land Law