Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Waste on Private Land

Land, Registered Land, Planning law etc.

Re: Waste on Private Land

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:11 am

Shove a bit in your wheelie bin every week, if there is room in you neighbor's when they put theirs out, put some in there as well.
Since you don't have car, why not stack the rubbish in your garage?
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Big_Trev » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:18 am

It's mainly garden rubble 50 bags + and as for the garage thats being converted into a home bar/darts area
Big_Trev

Postby atticus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:46 am

Another thought - check that there is no breach of covenant caused by your creating this mound of inert waste.
atticus

Postby Millbrook2 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Is there a nearby municipal tip? If so would any of the neighbours help transporting the bags to the tip for a bit of petrol money?
Millbrook2

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:47 pm

Millbrook2 wrote:Is there a nearby municipal tip? If so would any of the neighbours help transporting the bags to the tip for a bit of petrol money?

That would seem to be a far more practical idea than rousing a petition... but this is Britain, it'll never happen.
Hairyloon

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Big_Trev wrote:It's mainly garden rubble 50 bags...

What sort of rubble? Any use as hardcore? If so, offer it on Freecycle, et al: someone might come take it away.
Hairyloon

Postby diy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Personally I wouldn't be bothered about a bit of rubble in next doors drive. I myself have to look at my neighbor's appalling unfinished DIY projects that makes those of William Heath Robinson look elegant. I take the view that its his house, he can do what he likes. If I don't like it, I either buy his house or move. However, I have to say if its got to the point where is bothering someone, I'd make a small effort just to tidy or cover it and let the guy know roughly when it will be gone.

Playing devils advocate - If you have money to convert a garage, surely you have a few quid for tip run or a small hippo bag?
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:35 pm

diy wrote:If you have money to convert a garage, surely you have a few quid for tip run or a small hippo bag?

Good idea: a hippo bag should ensure that it is contained, and would give the suggestion that it is not a permanent exhibit.
Hairyloon

Postby Big_Trev » Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Hairyloon wrote:

What sort of rubble? Any use as hardcore? If so, offer it on Freecycle, et al: someone might come take it away.

Tried that no interest at all
Hairyloon wrote:
diy wrote:If you have money to convert a garage, surely you have a few quid for tip run or a small hippo bag?

Good idea: a hippo bag should ensure that it is contained, and would give the suggestion that it is not a permanent exhibit.

I converted the garage many years ago when I first moved to the property, my current project is my garden which I'm doing on the cheap as I can't afford to get landscapers in. Having that safe and ready for the children by the summer holidays is far more important than paying £100+ to have some rubbish removed

Hippo bags are expensive at £169.99 for the largest and I've been told at B&Q cannot be mixed waste
Big_Trev

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Big_Trev wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:

Tried that no interest at all

For the price, it can be worth repeat advertising: your advert has to coincide with someone having a project that wants it.
It can also be worth sorting it as you go, so you end up with a more desirable product: there is a big difference between garden rubbish and good hardcore.
Hairyloon

Previous

Return to Land Law