Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Disagreement among trustees

Land, Registered Land, Planning law etc.

Re: Disagreement among trustees

Postby dls » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:02 pm

If the document is old(er) do check to see who are the trustees nominated. It is not uncommon for people to come and go without formal retirements and appointments.

It does sound as if it will do a lot of this for you.

Note that you are not looking for a transfer document (which usually refers to the legal title) but to an assignment of the equitable interest. The latter need not be quite as formal.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby shootist » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:18 pm

dls wrote:If the document is old(er) do check to see who are the trustees nominated. It is not uncommon for people to come and go without formal retirements and appointments.

It does sound as if it will do a lot of this for you.

Note that you are not looking for a transfer document (which usually refers to the legal title) but to an assignment of the equitable interest. The latter need not be quite as formal.

Thanks again for that. The trustees are known and active in arguing that black is white, except when it's blue. :roll:

Out of interest, how might a trustee who is metaphorically losing the will to live hand over his trusteeship to a more interested person? Indeed, can he? I would assume he can retain his beneficial interest while passing the reins to another, who may not even be an owner. (No, I'm not looking to carry that load myself! :shock: )
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby dls » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:12 pm

The trusteeship is in the appointment of the beneficiaries.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Land Law