Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Advised against land purchase

Land, Registered Land, Planning law etc.

Re: Advised against land purchase

Postby tph » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Councillor's have only limited knowledge of planning law. The presence of a TPO does not prevent development. A TPO can be removed by a planning consent.
tph

Postby tph » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:54 pm

As an aside have you checked out the person or company which purchased the land and whether there is any relationship to the Councillor who advised you not to buy it?
tph

Postby artemis » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Thanks for the advice all, I can add that it would be very doubtful if any link between the councllor and the owner as the councillor at least at the time it was purchased was a resident of the estate and affected by the purchase as well and eager to find out who purchased it. The owner resides quite a distance away according to their informationm in a different region.
I spoke to the case officer yesterday and they advised the trees weren't of much significance anyway according to the tree officer as they weren't of great age or size. I have referred also to the contacts for the millennium commission as the trees were planted under a scheme funded by that on the agreement they're there for 100 years I believe but I think the condition is that any removed are replanted somewhere else.
They've yet to gather all the required information but based on the number of objections from residents hopefully at least it might go to a committee and give someone the chance to speak for 3 minutes apparently.
artemis

Previous

Return to Land Law