Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Define a Zombie Knife

All matters involving criminal law

Re: Define a Zombie Knife

Postby shootist » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:13 am

diy wrote:Rambo or survival knives would meet the criteria as would my diving knife, which is attached above the engine hatch on my boat. Or does it need writing on it?

It would be interesting to establish just how many 'zombie' knives have been used in the current spate of stabbings. I suspect none at all. Street knives need to be 'throwaways' in case of a possible search. Also interesting is a proposed law that seems to make it worse to be stabbed with a zombie knife than a cooks knife, given the number of victims successfully stabbed over the last few years with what I am sure are perfectly ordinary looking knives.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." MLK.
shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 am

Again, I think my words speak for themselves.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby shootist » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:44 am

Smouldering Stoat wrote:Again, I think my words speak for themselves.

Not even remotely. You wish to ban weapons from every home unless there is a 'bloody good reason'. There is a great deal of scope for defining a 'bloody good reason'. My definition would be a world apart from yours, I suspect, and a third person might be somewhere in-between. I can only suspect because you lack the conviction of your own words to explain exactly what you would ban and why you would ban it.
shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm

You suspect a lot of things. You have suspected two different things in your last post. I suspect you have neither the intention nor the capacity for a sincere debate and your boringly predictable efforts to goad me into a row have rather proved it.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby 3.14 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:28 pm

I'm very sorry. Shootist I deleted a post (yours I think) after I edited it by mistake.

Smouldering Stoat wrote:A question for you. What weapons would you permit the ownership of in homes?

Any bladed weapons. I like blades and I have a collection including katanas, Kukri Knife, combat knives of various descriptions, and other blades and Shuriken in the process of being made.
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom

Postby 3.14 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:29 pm

shootist wrote:
diy wrote:Rambo or survival knives would meet the criteria as would my diving knife, which is attached above the engine hatch on my boat. Or does it need writing on it?

It would be interesting to establish just how many 'zombie' knives have been used in the current spate of stabbings. I suspect none at all. Street knives need to be 'throwaways' in case of a possible search. Also interesting is a proposed law that seems to make it worse to be stabbed with a zombie knife than a cooks knife, given the number of victims successfully stabbed over the last few years with what I am sure are perfectly ordinary looking knives.

I bet any money that it is stanley type blades being used.

Postby shootist » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:06 pm

3.14 wrote:I bet any money that it is stanley type blades being used.

While horribly effective, Stanley type blades are not readily associated with the macho and terminal nature that I suspect is possessed by the gang types who appear to be setting out to murder. My bet would be moderately prices lock knives. Whatever the case, I suspect that anyone in a street drug gang who produced a 'zombie' knife would be viewed with contempt by the gang.
shootist

Postby shootist » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:You suspect a lot of things. You have suspected two different things in your last post. I suspect you have neither the intention nor the capacity for a sincere debate and your boringly predictable efforts to goad me into a row have rather proved it.

A simple request asking you to justify a statement you made that if implemented would be a major change in the law of this country is goading you into a row? Only if you didn't believe what you said. But, if you can't answer then don't answer.
shootist

Postby 3.14 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:14 pm

shootist wrote:
3.14 wrote:I bet any money that it is stanley type blades being used.

While horribly effective, Stanley type blades are not readily associated with the macho and terminal nature that I suspect is possessed by the gang types who appear to be setting out to murder. My bet would be moderately prices lock knives. Whatever the case, I suspect that anyone in a street drug gang who produced a 'zombie' knife would be viewed with contempt by the gang.
I can murder with a stanley blade very easily and horribly disfigure someone's face too.

Postby Hairyloon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:34 pm

3.14 wrote:I can murder with a stanley blade very easily and horribly disfigure someone's face too.

I don't doubt it, but I don't think such an attack would be properly described as "A stabbing".
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

PreviousNext

Return to Crime