Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Cases in Courts

All matters involving criminal law

Cases in Courts

Postby Jinxer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 pm

When I was younger the Mags Court waiting room was always full of people charged with criminal offences like burglary, stealing cars or joyriding as it was called then, but mainly the people were charged with criminal offences. I had the occasion to visit the Mags Court a couple of times last year with a friend and on the board was lists of mainly TV licence and one floor was full of Council tax officials who seemed to have took over the floor with tables set up and a stream of people waiting to talk to them, I suppose because they were behind in payments. The electric and gas board wanting warrants to break into peoples homes were their on another occasion. The thing I think I'm getting at is I didn't see no criminal offences being tried (I don't class TVL as crime of the century).
With the big increases of crime we keep hearing about, do we actually get any of these criminals into Court these days or is it just a culture now a days to persecute the poor.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Re: Cases in Courts

Postby dls » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:20 pm

In any magistrates court you will find several courts sitting. One may have all the cases you suggest. Another will have the traffic offences, and another will have the 'proper' criminal offences.

If a court has only one court sitting, such different lists may be allocated to different days. It is largely to do with managing the prosecutor's time,and making the best use of a stipe's time.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby atticus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Topic moved from Controversy to Crime.

Jinxer: please start topics in the correct forum.
atticus

Postby Jinxer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 pm

I will try my hardest to do just that in the future, the approved school I went to couldn't of been that approved turning me out the way I am.
It's ok your children are safe, they're locked away behind barbed wire gates. If you don't comply sir they'll send you another fine sir.
Jinxer

Return to Crime