Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

If not arrested and receive a court summons

All matters involving criminal law

If not arrested and receive a court summons

Postby BakersDozen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:30 pm

Say if someone had used Rice & Conolly QB414 1966 on a speeding fine and had not been arrested.

What are the implications of not attending court if a court summons is received, as you had not been arrested?

Basically what is an arrest?
BakersDozen

Re: If not arrested and receive a court summons

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 pm

If you do not attend court when summoned, you will soon find out all about being arrested.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:If you do not attend court when summoned, you will soon find out all about being arrested.

state the obvious,
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:11 pm

The implication of not answering your summons is that you will be arrested. If it is that obvious, why did you ask?
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:17 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:The implication of not answering your summons is that you will be arrested. If it is that obvious, why did you ask?

your omnipresence is endearing :lol:
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:23 pm

As you wish. Before you go any further, might I suggest taking professional legal advice? Your liberty is at stake, and it would be wise not to fall for any claptrap you may have stumbled upon somewhere on the net.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:Your liberty is at stake, and it would be wise not to fall for any claptrap you may have stumbled upon somewhere on the net.

Your advice would be relevant if I had received a court summons for which I have not and I am just merely pondering.

I should not really envisage any reasons to receive a court summons as, on the whole, I try to lead quite a sheltered existence.

Anywhere those pesky enforcement cars are known to be I do not go,

Anywhere those enforcement officers are known to be I do not go,

I put all my rubbish in the bin,

I pay all my taxes, as exorbitant some of them seem to be and I do not approve of some of the policies of our Government, such as wars abroad and selling arms to questionable regimes!
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:43 pm

Of course, you are a completely law-abiding citizen, and not at all the sort of person who would be caught doing 48mph in a 40 zone.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:55 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:Of course, you are a completely law-abiding citizen, and not at all the sort of person who would be caught doing 48mph in a 40 zone.

well it was not intentional on my behalf, there is a reason it was a place i used to holiday in many many years ago and i had returned some years later,

in fact many people were complaining about the piece of road in question, pondering if some long lost relative of dick turpin was in operation there,

a few years after i received a NIP, if memory serves me correct, many speeding fines had to be returned due to a procedural error,

id have taken the hit had i thought what had happened was a 'fair cop' however if it did go to court speed road signs pointing inwards was going to be part of my defence including the moving of the speed limit down to 40mph from national speed limit where the dual carriage way opened up

i even wrote on the returned nip i was the named driver i remember the time of the alleged offence as i was driving my car behind an articulated lorry and safely overtook it when entering the dual carriage way,

in previous years it would not have been an offence until the moved the national speed limit further down the road
Last edited by BakersDozen on Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:59 pm

Take. Legal. Advice.
Smouldering Stoat

Next

Return to Crime