Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Accused of fraud from previous employer

All matters involving criminal law

Re: Accused of fraud from previous employer

Postby 3.14 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:22 pm

Harlow wrote:Are they allowed to do that?
What they are allowed to do will be detailed in your contract of employment, the company's terms and conditions, and rules and procedures. I suggest you request those things.

The contents of all the xxx files are company procedure and as such form part of your terms and conditions of employment, along with the Employee Handbook, and your contract of employment. Upon completion of the xxx programme, you must photocopy, sign and return this signature slip immediately to: ....

Did you sign something like the above? Were you trained for your role?
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom

Postby blig » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:23 pm

Always worth reading what ACAS have to say. For example on unauthorised deductions from wages:

http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=4125

and the original poster may well want to speak to them on their free helpline (0300 123 1100 - Monday to Friday 8am-6pm)
blig

Postby diy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:46 am

If you haven't done anything wrong and paid the individual based on the honest understanding that the company should pay her, then this isn't a criminal matter (for you at least). Do you have logs of the discussions? emails etc. you probably don't since you left the company and should not have kept any emails.

If they have written to you telling you, you are being investigated and your final pay stopped, then you may wish to reply to the allegations and consider your own formal response to recover money owed.

The restrictive covenant limiting your ability to work "as a manager within 15 miles", seems far to broad to be enforceable, particularly since they have stopped your "gardening leave".

See https://www.out-law.com/page-7086
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby dls » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:38 am

You knowwhat you know. There may be other bits which they do not know.

From what you say, I cannot imagine the police being interested, and it has every appearance of a company looking for an excuse to save themselves some money.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby Harlow » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Thank you for your replies. I have requested a copy of my contract and they have not sent this across. I didn’t undertake any specific training, including no training on payroll. I started and spent a few days at another branch and with recruitment and that was my induction.

They have said that they have sent a letter to me which they posted this evening. Apparently this will detail why my pay has been suspended etc. I told them I need my p45 as I’m due to start another job in the next two weeks.

I have not heard from the police regarding this either. I can’t imagine they would investigate as the employee is still there. The company also haven’t asked me for a statement over the allegations and I’ve even emailed the chief exec and asked if they would like my statement as at the moment they have no written statement from myself or the other lady.

Thank you for all of your help. I will contact acas tomorrow morning.
Harlow

Previous

Return to Crime