Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

what is it?

All matters involving criminal law

what is it?

Postby preacherman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 pm

if someone came into a pub and punched three different people in the face, their purpose to cause the pub itself trouble, i.e. give it a bad name and cause the landlord trouble, what would it be classed as in law? if they are doing it on behalf of another pub owner? and the conduct forms part of other conspiracy style conduct.

none of the people hit wanted to press charges according to the police.
preacherman

Re: what is it?

Postby shootist » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:31 pm

It would depend very much upon if there was any proof of the assertions made re a conspiracy. Without such proof, which I would see as most unlikely to appear, it's a rumour.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby dls » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:51 am

if someone came into a pub and punched three different people in the face, their purpose to cause the pub itself trouble

I am not clear how such a conclusion would easily be reached.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby preacherman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:34 pm

dls wrote:
if someone came into a pub and punched three different people in the face, their purpose to cause the pub itself trouble

I am not clear how such a conclusion would easily be reached.

well, the words of my doorman of the time kind of said it all 'people wont come here if they know about this kind of trouble going on here'.

In hitting people, other customers were also shoved around.

then sometime after I was actually unlawfully evicted, the guy who did the punching, lent out of his van window as he drove past me and put his arm/fist high in the air, as if to say 'yes'.

Considering I have never met or spoke to him before.

He is closely associated with the landlord (provable) who was after the premises I was running at the time, who`s other associate threatened me not to talk about fires (arson).

I was surprised that none of the three people hit decided to press charges.Again, were they maybe in on it, who knows.
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:36 pm

shootist wrote:It would depend very much upon if there was any proof of the assertions made re a conspiracy. Without such proof, which I would see as most unlikely to appear, it's a rumour.

what constitutes proof? a tape recording ' go down there and cause trouble?'
preacherman

Postby atticus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:49 pm

Yes, it is well known that people only ever conspire when a tape is running. They do this so they can all check afterwards what they've agreed to do.

An alternative view: proof is admissible evidence that the decision maker (judge, jury etc) regards as persuasive.
atticus

Postby preacherman » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:04 pm

that sounds slightly promising.
preacherman

Postby diy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:12 am

Don't pubs have cctv? I don't believe the police need the victims to "press charges", if there has been a complaint and the police have CCTV.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby atticus » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:50 am

preacher is going over ancient history once again.
atticus

Postby shootist » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:06 am

preacherman wrote:well, the words of my doorman of the time kind of said it all 'people wont come here if they know about this kind of trouble going on here'.
In hitting people, other customers were also shoved around.
then sometime after I was actually unlawfully evicted, the guy who did the punching, lent out of his van window as he drove past me and put his arm/fist high in the air, as if to say 'yes'.
Considering I have never met or spoke to him before.
He is closely associated with the landlord (provable) who was after the premises I was running at the time, who`s other associate threatened me not to talk about fires (arson).
I was surprised that none of the three people hit decided to press charges.Again, were they maybe in on it, who knows.

You were running a pub in a location that needed a doorman. You were catering to a customer base that would not want the involvement of the police in such an incident. It would seem that other customers would not even go as far as providing witness statements. Such premises should have CCTV to help identify the perpetrator. Were the police called immediately this kicked off? Did the doorman detain the perpetrator? Do you speak of fires now? Why shouldn't you have spoken of fires? If you were unlawfully evicted then I presume you have acted successfully against the organisation that evicted you. Presumably you made a complaint to the police about the puncher. It is a common trait of such people to mock those who have complained about them to no good effect.

Far too little information on which to base an opinion, but you have laid the groundwork for suggesting you were not exactly a gifted licensee. Perhaps it's time to just let go and build a new, better, life.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Next

Return to Crime