Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

All matters involving criminal law

Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Spankymonkey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 am

I see that Peter of England's Were bank scam, rather than be shut down by any of the financial conduct authorities, just keeps going from strength to strength. He has even developed his own chip and pin debit card for customers who need to draw out thin air in a hurry...

[Link removed]

What an utterly toothless embarrassing shower the FCA have proven to be. An outright blatant scam, that has been going on for years, with dozens of Were bank morons issuing dodgy cheques against a phoney bank ran by a liar and a fraudster. What does it take for these regulators to actually do anything?

If anything POE shows that thieves prosper, just as long as they call themselves a bank.

Still I suppose every report of this fraud disappeared straight down the Action Fraud blackhole, so the Serious Farce Office can look the other way.

Somebody should bring a private prosecution against Mr. Of England and put him where he belongs. Clearly no agent of the state can be bothered. If I'd been on the receiving end of one of his dodgy checks I'd be game for taking a crack at him.

Just how many criminal offences has this nutter committed with his loopy endeavours at competing with the Bank of England printing presses?
Last edited by atticus on Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We do not link to scams
Spankymonkey
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Maz JP » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:44 am

I hadn't heard of it, or indeed of Peter of England.

A little research later, and I now find he is the bod behind "Freeman Legal Services" who assert that "All courts of law are Administrative Corporate Maritime courts acting under war measures and Admiralty law. You are considered an ENEMY COMBATANT. "

Now we have had (less so now) many, many issues with so-called "freemen of the land" over the years, and it's disturbing that they should therefore be operating, apparently freely, in pseudo-financial services. I'm surprised the police haven't (as far as I can determine) shown more of a robust interest.
Maz JP
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby dls » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:16 am

The difficulty may be in part that a bank is a company accepting deposits ofmoney. There weirdbank only accepts delusions.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
User avatar
dls
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11656
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:35 pm
Location: Brighouse, West Yorkshire

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Spankymonkey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 am

Maz JP wrote:I hadn't heard of it, or indeed of Peter of England.

A little research later, and I now find he is the bod behind "Freeman Legal Services" who assert that "All courts of law are Administrative Corporate Maritime courts acting under war measures and Admiralty law. You are considered an ENEMY COMBATANT. "

Now we have had (less so now) many, many issues with so-called "freemen of the land" over the years, and it's disturbing that they should therefore be operating, apparently freely, in pseudo-financial services. I'm surprised the police haven't (as far as I can determine) shown more of a robust interest.


Yes, the man's antics are legion. He has multiple historic threads attributed to him at Quatloos, which regularly documents the Freeman of the Land lunacy. It would take about a month to get through just a small portion of it:

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?t=11140

The one that made me laugh was one of these WeRe bank victims/scammers, attempted to pay off a traffic fine with a WeRe cheque, which he attempted to use as his defence before the magistrates. "I tried to pay the fine", he claimed. Yes with a fraudulent cheque.

How often are these lunatics making an appearance in magistrates courts I wonder, babbling off their pseudo-legal woo. The Freeman of the Land movement seems to be nothing more than a group attempt at dodging road traffic fines. Freeloaders off the Land more like.

Have you ever encountered one in court Maz? If so, how do you counter their nonsensical blah, seeing as they are incapable of listening to reason or logic.
Spankymonkey
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:16 am

Spankymonkey wrote:Have you ever encountered one in court Maz? If so, how do you counter their nonsensical blah, seeing as they are incapable of listening to reason or logic.

Could they be charged with contempt of court?

Well, obviously not actually charged, because they do not CONSENT to the contract, or however it is the BALONEY goes, but they can sit in a cell and not consent...
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 9176
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Maz JP » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Spankymonkey wrote:Have you ever encountered one in court Maz? If so, how do you counter their nonsensical blah, seeing as they are incapable of listening to reason or logic.

Hairyloon wrote:Could they be charged with contempt of court?


Yes, I have, albeit the last one was five years ago or so. We try not to descend to their level, is the answer. And since what they seem to want more than anything is the attention, then using any court procedures (such as contempt) is allowing the game to be played their way, and so we would normally avoid it.

We can put the case back until we get some level of co-operation (a long day hanging around outside the courtroom can be extraordinarily boring). This we admittedly rarely get, but when we do see them at the end of the day they may be more chastened and we can proceed by avoiding the niceties of legal debate about jurisdiction and simply focus on getting the key answers (Identity and Plea) that we need to proceed. If, as has happened, they do not recognise the jurisdiction of the court, we assume identity (the police will be able to assist on this, and will have had the nous to be in Court), a not guilty plea and a Crown Court hearing. Job done.

What they want is a debate so they can showboat. We can simply deny this debate by focussing - with great courtesy of course - on court management matters. So, in summary, the answer is civility and inexorability : always works.
Maz JP
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Spankymonkey » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Maz JP wrote:If, as has happened, they do not recognise the jurisdiction of the court, we assume identity (the police will be able to assist on this, and will have had the nous to be in Court), a not guilty plea and a Crown Court hearing. Job done.



But what happens when the clowns refuse to give a name and address to the police, and have no other identifiers such as fingerprint records or ID? I believe a couple of rioters did this several years ago, and yet were given bail by the magistrates to reappear (or given a conditional discharge, I can't remember which). Is it possible these people could actually evade justice with anonymity and silence?

Good entertainment here of an American judge using Freeman woo to counter and trap a Freeman defence, and send him packing.

https://youtu.be/C7h7uevwxt8?t=125
Spankymonkey
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:42 am

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Maz JP » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Spankymonkey wrote:
Maz JP wrote:If, as has happened, they do not recognise the jurisdiction of the court, we assume identity (the police will be able to assist on this, and will have had the nous to be in Court), a not guilty plea and a Crown Court hearing. Job done.



But what happens when the clowns refuse to give a name and address to the police, and have no other identifiers such as fingerprint records or ID? I believe a couple of rioters did this several years ago, and yet were given bail by the magistrates to reappear (or given a conditional discharge, I can't remember which). Is it possible these people could actually evade justice with anonymity and silence?

Good entertainment here of an American judge using Freeman woo to counter and trap a Freeman defence, and send him packing.

https://youtu.be/C7h7uevwxt8?t=125


I really don't know what would happen in that instance. I've never had anyone in Court who we couldn't identify, and wouldn't know what to do if we could not. I myself would be tempted to remand in custody unlike the case you cite*, but it's possible that the magistrates had good advice from their legal advisor that persuaded them otherwise.

The video is an excellent demonstration of the power of courtesy.

* This is the case you mean. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11981438/Anonymous-protesters-who-refused-to-reveal-identities-to-the-courts-set-free.html
Maz JP
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby 3.14 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:29 pm

They will identify them the next they are picked up though (and they will be picked up for something).
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom
User avatar
3.14
 
Posts: 2006
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Set Up Your Own Bank - nobody cares

Postby Maz JP » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:22 pm

3.14 wrote:They will identify them the next they are picked up though (and they will be picked up for something).


I don't know if I am a fan of that way of thinking. The granting of bail is based on two articles of trust; first, trust that people will return to court as required, and secondly, that they will not commit further offences whilst on bail. If we have substantial grounds to believe that we cannot trust defendants to adhere to these two basic requirements, then we should not be granting bail, however minor the charged offence.

That, I should note, is a personal view (since I have no legal advisor to guide me on this one!!).
Maz JP
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:51 pm

Next

Return to Crime

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest