Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Called in for questioning by the Police, what rights exist?

All matters involving criminal law

Re: Called in for questioning by the Police, what rights exi

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed May 31, 2017 5:44 pm

Funnily enough, this has been the subject of some discussion in legal circles on Twitter today:
advice.PNG
advice.PNG (60.55 KiB) Viewed 181 times
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Spankymonkey » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:52 am

A Tweet? And a barely legible one at that. You wily fox you! Well that's got me trumped. Can't think of anything more conclusive than that for legal certainty. And he didn't even use the full 140 characters. Whoever the hell he is. But, whoever he is, good job he's at hand to offer the 'non dangerous' sort of advice to the sort of defendants that would keep me awake at night if, heaven forfend, they didn't get full access to free legal advice after smashing a girl in the face with an ashtray and threatening her with a knife.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/crim ... -1-6734043

Here's the link to that 2017 Crime Contract by the way:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... cation.pdf

What will you counter it with next I wonder Stoaty? A Wikipedia entry? A Daily Sport article? A snapchat image of graffitied police station toilet?
Spankymonkey

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:00 am

There's something missing from your post, spanker: you must have pressed submit before you apologised for ranting about how insulted you were by being told that you'd posted the wrong link, when you had in fact posted the wrong link.

I've made my point about the Specification above, a point you're too busy raving to have answered. I see no point in carrying on this fatuous conversation any further while you are in this state.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Spankymonkey » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:19 am

Smouldering Stoat wrote:There's something missing from your post, spanker: you must have pressed submit before you apologised for ranting about how insulted you were by being told that you'd posted the wrong link, when you had in fact posted the wrong link.

I've made my point about the Specification above, a point you're too busy raving to have answered. I see no point in carrying on this fatuous conversation any further while you are in this state.

You've been wrong on all the substantive points throughout this entire thread Stoat and I've yet to hear you apologise. Especially for the repeated suggestion that I was dispensing advice, which you never let up on. And you never said anything to me about posting the wrong link. You told me I'd cut and pasted from the wrong document, which I did not. I stated the contract I copied it from, despite the link, but you were adamant that contract was irrelevant, without ever stating why it was irrelevant.

Yes, you have made your point. And it proved nothing. The initial thrust of this thread was about the worth of voluntary interviews. You however hijacked it all down to one less significant point I made among many other more significant points, for no other purpose it seemed than to be right at least about one thing, rather than admit to being wrong about everything.

And what 'state' are you suggesting I'm in? Refusing to agree with you, or at least argue the point on your terms? That's not how debate among grown-ups works, remember?
Spankymonkey

Postby shootist » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:44 am

As the competition for the last word in a thread hots up, onlookers are breathless with excitement. Who will last the longest, who will be the champion of obscure and irrelevant perspectives? Who will be sitting at their computer groaning with angry frustration? Bugger the Grand National, this is far more interesting. Tally Ho!
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Previous

Return to Crime