Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Our condolences to everyone in Sweden

discussing the 45th President of the USA

Our condolences to everyone in Sweden

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:51 pm

President Trump gave a speech in Florida yesterday in which he spoke of terrorist attacks around the world, including the following:

“We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden.”

“Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They’re having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what’s happening in Brussels. You look at what’s happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris.”

Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the terrorist attack in Sweden on Friday. These things are no less traumatic for being completely made up and never actually happening. Perhaps the perpetrators of this atrocity were inspired by the terrible Bowling Green massacre.

In the meantime, here is a picture of the possible ringleader. If you see him, do not approach him: he may be dangerous.

chef.jpg
    chef.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 266 times
    Smouldering Stoat

Re: Our condolences to everyone in Sweden

Postby shootist » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:05 pm

This may balance the books to some small degree in respect of Sweden, albeit, in a more general manner. I don't quite know why I'm posting it as I doubt anyone here will watch it, or if anyone does they'll just call the speaker names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pxfA_oOlo
    "I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
    shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:33 pm

I am sure everyone will watch it attentively, shouty, and make up their own minds whether a video of a Dutch politician, posted by a deranged conspiracy theorist on 1st February, is likely to enlighten us on events in Sweden on 17th February.
    Smouldering Stoat

Postby Goldensyrup » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:36 pm

It is rumoured Trump's remark possibly referred to a Fox News item aired an interview with filmmaker Ami Horowitz, whose latest documentary examines whether high crime rates in areas of the country is attributable to its previous open-door migration policy
    Goldensyrup

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:43 pm

From the Guardian:
    The source of Trump’s remark is unclear, but it came after Fox News aired an interview with film-maker Ami Horowitz, whose latest documentary examines whether high crime rates in areas of Sweden is linked to its previous open-door policy on people fleeing war and persecution.

According to the 2016 Swedish Crime Survey, crime rates in Sweden have stayed relatively stable over the last decade, with some fluctuations. In 2015, there were 112 cases of lethal violence in Sweden, an increase of 25 cases compared with 2014, but assaults, threats, sexual offences, car theft, burglary and harassment all reduced compared to the previous year – as did anxiety about crime in society.
    Smouldering Stoat

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Smouldering Stoat

Postby shootist » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:I am sure everyone will watch it attentively, shouty, and make up their own minds whether a video of a Dutch politician, posted by a deranged conspiracy theorist on 1st February, is likely to enlighten us on events in Sweden on 17th February.

If I understand you correctly then, it is more important that the video was posted by a 'deranged conspiracy theorist' (presumably, someone with who's views you do not agree) than what was said in the video. You did not disappoint me, but no surprises there.
    "I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
    shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:50 pm

No.

I invited others to make their own minds up. I'm sure they will: but you give us no explanation why Mr Wilders is a more compelling source on events in Sweden than say, a Swede. I think you might agree that he has an agenda to push, and is hardly an impartial source.

As for the conspiracy theorist; well, you're quite correct that I don't agree with his views about the Illuminati, the Masons, Hillary Clinton being behind 9/11, Who Really Runs America (I'm going to lay a small wager that the Jews feature in that one somewhere, but I'm afraid he lost me at about 18 minutes when he claims that the British were behind the sinking of the Lusitania), or the predictable bullshit about the EU being a plot to turn Europe into an Islamic Theocracy. However, I don't call him deranged because I disagree with him, I call him deranged because all the evidence suggests that he is, in fact, deranged.
    Smouldering Stoat

Postby atticus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:03 pm

I must confess that, like shooter, I do not know why he posted it.
    atticus

Postby 3.14 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:51 pm

shootist wrote:This may balance the books to some small degree in respect of Sweden, albeit, in a more general manner. I don't quite know why I'm posting it as I doubt anyone here will watch it, or if anyone does they'll just call the speaker names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pxfA_oOlo
    45 minutes? Do you want to summarise it please?
    Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom

Next

Return to President Trump