Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

I am so angry

discussing the 45th President of the USA

I am so angry

Postby atticus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Trump bans muslims from entering the States. A tory MP is turned back. Sir Mo Farah would not be allowed in.

What does our PM do? Nothing. She holds his fucking hand. She refuses to criticise. Standing next to her, the Turkish PM does.

Why are we sucking up to this dangerous man?
atticus

Re: I am so angry

Postby Hairyloon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:13 pm

atticus wrote:Why are we sucking up to this dangerous man?

EU-ref.jpg
EU-ref.jpg (36.13 KiB) Viewed 215 times
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby Peter and Luke » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:18 pm

Here, Here

I was only saying the same thing to my good lady earlier this afternoon. She said, well who else has spoken out? I replied, "Merkel".

Found the hand-holding cringe-worthy. Trumps` quip there goes that relationship after BBC`s LK asks a perfectly reasonable question, was just wrong on so many levels.

It is truly hard to fathom and whilst I was never a Ed Miliband fan, I agreed with his (and so many others`) position on this...it stinks. Not TM`s finest hour.
Peter and Luke

Postby Hairyloon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:34 pm

Peter and Luke wrote:She said, well who else has spoken out? I replied, "Merkel"...

Did I hear he has banned German car imports in retaliation?

Trumps` quip there goes that relationship after BBC`s LK asks a perfectly reasonable question, was just wrong on so many levels.

You should check out the reaction to that on some of the Brexit groups: the nicer responses are calling for Kuenssberg to be sacked for it.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby miner » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 pm

atticus wrote:Trump bans muslims from entering the States. A tory MP is turned back. Sir Mo Farah would not be allowed in.

What does our PM do? Nothing. She holds his fucking hand. She refuses to criticise. Standing next to her, the Turkish PM does.

Why are we sucking up to this dangerous man?

He's not half as dangerous as the creatures in the EU hierarchy are, who have been the architects of mass youth unemployment in so many of the EU countries.

Calm down. Come to terms with the fact that he's the elected President of the United States of America - whether you like it or not.
miner

Postby atticus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:55 pm

That suggests that you agree with what he has done. Why?
atticus

Postby miner » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:57 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
Peter and Luke wrote:She said, well who else has spoken out? I replied, "Merkel"...

Did I hear he has banned German car imports in retaliation?

Trumps` quip there goes that relationship after BBC`s LK asks a perfectly reasonable question, was just wrong on so many levels.

You should check out the reaction to that on some of the Brexit groups: the nicer responses are calling for Kuenssberg to be sacked for it.

I also think LK should be sacked - along with so many of the other BBC correspondents. It was neither the time nor the place for LK - whom I had till now actually thought of as the BBC's very professional Chief Political Correspondent - to ask such a loaded question. She was openly baiting the President who I thought reacted very politely in the circumstances. LK was simply disrespectful and rude, and knew that she would never elicit any answers to her baited questions in that scenario.
miner

Postby atticus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:58 pm

It was a proper question. The evasion was wrong.
atticus

Postby atticus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:05 am

This sums it up.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (95.9 KiB) Viewed 203 times
atticus

Postby miner » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:06 am

atticus wrote:That suggests that you agree with what he has done. Why?

It is of no consequence whether I agree or disagree with what he has done, but at least he is doing SOMETHING - all his predecessor ever did was waffle and pontificate.

The Potus has the problems of the USA to deal with - not you or your armchair-based fellow-travellers.

Trump is a businessman, not a career politician, and anyone who thought that as such he wasn't going to pursue a very different style of Presidency to his predecessor(s) was living in cloud cuckoo-land.
miner

Next

Return to President Trump