Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Why Trump won

discussing the 45th President of the USA

Re: Why Trump won

Postby shootist » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:15 pm

This is a bit like watching a devout Christian arguing with an equally devout Muslim. Both are utterly convinced that their opinion is the right one. Neither is prepared to assess any evidence purported to support the other side's claims. It's blind faith against blind faith. Nothing whatever to do with politics, especially politics where facts are a hindrance to discussion, even those 'facts' that have not been made up. It's all getting a bit boring now, whether it's Trump or Brexit. The votes are in, the world has changed, the naysayers have not, let's just get on with it FFS!
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Yet you are sufficiently engaged with the subject to comment on it.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby tph » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:07 pm

Placing a thin veneer on things cannot hide what is underneath!
tph

Postby shootist » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:22 am

Smouldering Stoat wrote:Yet you are sufficiently engaged with the subject to comment on it.

Have you never watched two people of different religions, or even of the same religion, debating their faith? It can be both interesting and amusing, especially when pitching in with some helpfully neutral observations. I have always said that forum debates are a very useful and underestimated facility for organising one's thoughts, should anyone actually wish to. Especially if you are trying to better explain a concept as opposed to merely trying to score points.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby shootist » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:25 am

tph wrote:Placing a thin veneer on things cannot hide what is underneath!

Could you enlarge upon that? Without explanation those words remind me of every Dylan song I have ever gritted my teeth in order to listen to. Full of deep, poetic, emotion but entirely without meaning or substance.
shootist

Postby atticus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:39 am

You may find that the answer is blowing in the wind.
atticus

Postby shootist » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:44 am

Usually turns out to be farts.
shootist

Postby dls » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:54 am

Or indeed, trumps . .

Perhaps he won because of fake facebook stories?

Or fake FBI stories

Or his own fake stories.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby miner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:17 pm

Maybe, maybe and maybe.

BUT, at the end of the day, he stopped Hillary Clinton becoming the POTUS and that was a major achievement in itself.
miner

Postby shootist » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:09 pm

miner wrote:Maybe, maybe and maybe.

BUT, at the end of the day, he stopped Hillary Clinton becoming the POTUS and that was a major achievement in itself.

Greater love hath no man.....
shootist

PreviousNext

Return to President Trump