Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Juncker on Trump ....

discussing the 45th President of the USA

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby atticus » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:53 pm

Shooter has been listening to false information about the Scottish First Minister's response to the recent football match. A check on Snopes or another fact-checking site might have helped.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 18651
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby shootist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:
mencken.jpg


You post that like it has some sort of reality just because the words are printed over a sort of pretty picture. In spite of that it does seem to show the typical and unlimited arrogance of the left towards voters who do not vote for them.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
User avatar
shootist
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby shootist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 pm

atticus wrote:Shooter has been listening to false information about the Scottish First Minister's response to the recent football match. A check on Snopes or another fact-checking site might have helped.


It was a humour thing. You wouldn't understand.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
User avatar
shootist
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:38 pm

shootist wrote:
Smouldering Stoat wrote:
mencken.jpg


You post that like it has some sort of reality just because the words are printed over a sort of pretty picture. In spite of that it does seem to show the typical and unlimited arrogance of the left towards voters who do not vote for them.


It was a humour thing. You wouldn't understand.
Smouldering Stoat
 
Posts: 6114
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:31 pm
Location: Near the Creek.

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby miner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:35 pm

An interesting extract from an Editorial article in the Daily Telegraph today:

The response of some European leaders to the American president-elect has exemplified everything that is wrong with [the EU]: out of touch and riddled with antidemocratic instincts. This is particularly true of commission officials like Jean-Claude Juncker, whose comments have been totally inappropriate for an unelected office holder. It is his job to ensure the EU can forge a good relationship with the new administration in Washington, not question the choice of voters.


I for one can hardly believe that Juncker could make the sort of comments he has done. He is the person who is responsible for accelerating the démise of the EU. The fact that this out-of-control political clown has not been deposed is indicative of just how bad things are at the EU, and how anti-democratic it is.

Juncker's ineptitude, offensiveness, and disrespect towards genuine political leaders and his utter lack of political nous exceeds even that of Nicky the Fish. If David Cameron had succeeded in preventing his appointment, the EU might not now be in such rapid self-destruct mode.
miner
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 am

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:51 pm

I don't think we can call it the Torygraph any more. It is little more than a Faragiste mouthpiece.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 18651
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Was shooter's "humour thing" intended to be humorous?
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 18651
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby miner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm

atticus wrote:I don't think we can call it the Torygraph any more. It is little more than a Faragiste mouthpiece.


It would be, to you! Indeed, any media organ producing anything but severe criticism of Farage, would be anathema to you with your entrenched views!
miner
 
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 am

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Are you the same miner who stridently shares his strongly held opinions of publications with whom he disagrees and to whom anything in the Economist is anathema? Or was that post one of those humour things?
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 18651
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby shootist » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

atticus wrote:Was shooter's "humour thing" intended to be humorous?


I said you wouldn't understand.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
User avatar
shootist
 
Posts: 3171
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to President Trump

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest