Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Juncker on Trump ....

discussing the 45th President of the USA

Re: Juncker on Trump ....

Postby atticus » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:53 pm

Shooter has been listening to false information about the Scottish First Minister's response to the recent football match. A check on Snopes or another fact-checking site might have helped.
atticus

Postby shootist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:
mencken.jpg

You post that like it has some sort of reality just because the words are printed over a sort of pretty picture. In spite of that it does seem to show the typical and unlimited arrogance of the left towards voters who do not vote for them.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby shootist » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:36 pm

atticus wrote:Shooter has been listening to false information about the Scottish First Minister's response to the recent football match. A check on Snopes or another fact-checking site might have helped.

It was a humour thing. You wouldn't understand.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:38 pm

shootist wrote:
Smouldering Stoat wrote:
mencken.jpg

You post that like it has some sort of reality just because the words are printed over a sort of pretty picture. In spite of that it does seem to show the typical and unlimited arrogance of the left towards voters who do not vote for them.

It was a humour thing. You wouldn't understand.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby miner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:35 pm

An interesting extract from an Editorial article in the Daily Telegraph today:

The response of some European leaders to the American president-elect has exemplified everything that is wrong with [the EU]: out of touch and riddled with antidemocratic instincts. This is particularly true of commission officials like Jean-Claude Juncker, whose comments have been totally inappropriate for an unelected office holder. It is his job to ensure the EU can forge a good relationship with the new administration in Washington, not question the choice of voters.

I for one can hardly believe that Juncker could make the sort of comments he has done. He is the person who is responsible for accelerating the démise of the EU. The fact that this out-of-control political clown has not been deposed is indicative of just how bad things are at the EU, and how anti-democratic it is.

Juncker's ineptitude, offensiveness, and disrespect towards genuine political leaders and his utter lack of political nous exceeds even that of Nicky the Fish. If David Cameron had succeeded in preventing his appointment, the EU might not now be in such rapid self-destruct mode.
miner

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:51 pm

I don't think we can call it the Torygraph any more. It is little more than a Faragiste mouthpiece.
atticus

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Was shooter's "humour thing" intended to be humorous?
atticus

Postby miner » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:59 pm

atticus wrote:I don't think we can call it the Torygraph any more. It is little more than a Faragiste mouthpiece.

It would be, to you! Indeed, any media organ producing anything but severe criticism of Farage, would be anathema to you with your entrenched views!
miner

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Are you the same miner who stridently shares his strongly held opinions of publications with whom he disagrees and to whom anything in the Economist is anathema? Or was that post one of those humour things?
atticus

Postby shootist » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

atticus wrote:Was shooter's "humour thing" intended to be humorous?

I said you wouldn't understand.
shootist

PreviousNext

Return to President Trump