Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

The Russia connection...

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

The Russia connection...

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:55 pm

The last two weeks have seen Britain’s gravest secret finally break into the public domain: that Russia interfered in the Brexit referendum. The fact that such an operation happened is not surprising or even, in itself, much disputed at this point: if the United States, Germany, France, and other Western democracies were targeted, it would be odd if the UK were left alone. What is extraordinary is that it has taken over 15 months for the news to be properly discussed in public.

https://www.the-american-interest.com/2 ... ubversion/
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: The Russia connection...

Postby BakersDozen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:25 pm

The Russians did not make me vote for Brexit,

Unless Lord Kilmuirs letter to Heath made me or this speech by Peter Shore were Russian influenced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j-Gb8Pk2Pk

I had a choice to stand under St George flag or the EU flag, the Russians beared no influence.

Being European is not in my heart.
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:45 pm

I'm sorry, I'd assumed you were British. What continent are you from, then?
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:I'm sorry, I'd assumed you were British. What continent are you from, then?

The Filipinos consider themselves SE Asian but are different to other countries in SE Asia, there is even a lot of sea between them.

Your point is?
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:53 pm

I wondered what continent you were from, given that you are apparently not European.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:01 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:I wondered what continent you were from, given that you are apparently not European.

Canadians are from the North American continent like the USA are, does that mean Canadians are Americans?

Geographically it may be considered we are from the same continent, but I hope we return to the imperial system and return to Sovereignty.
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:14 pm

Yes, Canada is on the continent of North America. Canadians are Americans, unless you choose to define that term to mean only residents of the US. It is a rather informal term. Britain is part of Europe, and residents of this country are Europeans.

We already have sovereignty. The very fact that we are able to leave the EU proves it. And no, we aren't returning to Imperial measurements* because they are totally impractical and have't been taught in schools for forty years at least.

*Mind you, at the moment I'd walk miles for a pint.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:
*Mind you, at the moment I'd walk miles for a pint.

You cannot have a meaningful discussion with a drunk and you cannot have a meaningful discussion with a remainer,

Go read Lord Kilmuirs letter when it comes to sovereignty, so your statement we already have sovereignty is debatable as we would not have gone down the Article 50 route. Sovereignty would have meant at 8am on the morning of June 24 2016 the Primeminister would have repealed the 1972 EEC Act and all the other corresponding nonsense and gone onto World Trade rules.

Remember how Heath signed us in well since the Gina Miller debacle, he would not have been able to do that would he!
BakersDozen

Postby atticus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:42 pm

Jacob Rees Mogg seems positively modern in comparison!
atticus - a very stable genius
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 am

atticus wrote:Jacob Rees Mogg seems positively modern in comparison!

Is it wrong to floccinaucinihilipilificate?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Next

Return to Brexit