Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Come 2022

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

Re: Come 2022

Postby BakersDozen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:01 pm

atticus wrote:and you move to Yemen?

Did u see the Jupiter one squirming in Ghana the other day, wow what a speech that was.
BakersDozen

Postby atticus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:09 pm

Google translate was unable to assist with that sentence.
atticus - a very stable genius
atticus

Postby BakersDozen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:39 pm

atticus wrote:Google translate was unable to assist with that sentence.

thank you for your audience, allow me to make baby steps

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanue ... s-jupiter/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnUKlIDyxjE

Now President Akufo of Ghana is a man to be admired, who believes in developing a nation state on its own back. In fact on the morning of the Brexit referendum wasn't it Ghana who were on the phone to us straight away wanting to do trade.

So Ghana is a place of interest for me if they accept my application to reside there.
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Some patriot. Off you pop, then.

Though the Ghanaian government might look more favourably upon your application were you to take the time to learn the name of their President.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:51 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:Some patriot. Off you pop, then.

patriot?

Let me pose this, if we have another referendum either side of 2022 and then come 2025 as per the desire of Martin Schulz a United States of Europe then England will not be a sovereign self governing nation making its own laws.

What I want to be patriot to will cease to exist.

Your really do hate England and the concept of sovereign nations?
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 pm

England has not been a sovereign self governing nation making its own laws since 1707. Arguably, since 1535.

The United Kingdom is, and always has been for as long as it has existed, a sovereign self governing nation making its own laws. EU law has effect in this country solely because the Westminster Parliament says so. In due course, and pursuant to a referendum in this country, they will cease to have effect, because the same Parliament says so.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:09 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote: In due course, and pursuant to a referendum in this country, they will cease to have effect, because the same Parliament says so.

The referendum in the words of Dave Lammy were only advisory!

After today do you think the referendum is being honoured?

I personally think in 2025 we will be in the United States of Europe, we are just being entertained and managed in the time being.

For if anything else were to be true we would not be paying any money in thus honouring an agreement.
BakersDozen

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:14 pm

I didn't realise that you and Mr Lammy were so intimate.

Yes, the referendum is being honoured. The form of Brexit was not specified on the ballot paper.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby BakersDozen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:59 pm

:mrgreen:
Smouldering Stoat wrote:Yes, the referendum is being honoured. The form of Brexit was not specified on the ballot paper.

remind me on again how much did the government spend on sending a flyer through my letter box giving detail as to what it meant

how many hours on tv was i told what it was

how many column inches told me what it was
BakersDozen

Postby BakersDozen » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:EU law has effect in this country solely because the Westminster Parliament says so.

This is where the danger lies

Mr Tusk said: “As you know the UK has asked for a transition of about 2 years while remaining part of the single market and customs union and we’ll be ready to discuss this but naturally we have our conditions I propose that during this period the UK will respect the whole of EU law including new law .

Lets just see what this new EU law brings in this transition period, the fix is in your side wins although dishonourably I must add.
BakersDozen

PreviousNext

Return to Brexit