Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Latest outpourings from Farage...

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

Re: Latest outpourings from Farage...

Postby Hairyloon » Wed May 24, 2017 11:22 am

shootist wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:Respect comes in many forms. I may respect his abilities and accomplishments, but that doesn't mean I don't think he is an odious sack of crap devoid of any merit.

OK, that's the spleen vented. I would be genuinely interested in why you hold such an opinion, preferably supported by examples rather than more spleen. Done carefully you might even change my mind about him.

See OP.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby shootist » Wed May 24, 2017 11:37 am

Hairyloon wrote:
shootist wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:Respect comes in many forms. I may respect his abilities and accomplishments, but that doesn't mean I don't think he is an odious sack of crap devoid of any merit.

OK, that's the spleen vented. I would be genuinely interested in why you hold such an opinion, preferably supported by examples rather than more spleen. Done carefully you might even change my mind about him.

See OP.

OP seen. See following.

metaphor

/ˈmɛtəfə,ˈmɛtəfɔː/

noun
noun: metaphor; plural noun: metaphors

a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
"when we speak of gene maps and gene mapping, we use a cartographic metaphor"

synonyms: figure of speech, figurative expression, image, trope, allegory, parable, analogy, comparison, symbol, emblem, word painting, word picture; literaryconceit

•a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else.
"the amounts of money being lost by the company were enough to make it a metaphor for an industry that was teetering"

It's interesting that you are prepared to judge someone entirely by one metaphorical statement.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Hairyloon » Wed May 24, 2017 12:23 pm

You asked for an example.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby shootist » Wed May 24, 2017 1:37 pm

Hairyloon wrote:You asked for an example.

I asked for examples. If you have some valid reason for you apparent total contempt of the man then it couldn't be to difficult to explain for a man of letters such as you. OTOH if you just can't cope with his personality and you allow that to override his policies and achievements, fine, but it would me more honest to say so.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Previous

Return to Brexit