Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Stability of Europe

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

Stability of Europe

Postby diy » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:30 pm

With day one of the negotiation period upon us, my biggest fear is the stability of europe. Looking at the hard feelings after the Scottish Independence referendum (the first), I can't help feeling that the brexit negotiations will leave some serious wounds that will take time to heel. However, on the other hand, I think it was going on anyway, just under the guise of EU reform.

Both sides should progress with care and rain in the the fighting talk.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Re: Stability of Europe

Postby dls » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:11 pm

I am afraid Mr Tusk today showed the extent of his courage - nil. He did not have the balls to announce that the EU had given way to Spain. He must know that this will spike the whole deal - but he did not have the courage to mention it.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Re: Stability of Europe

Postby miner » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:30 pm

Yesterday I believed that Tusk's "emotional" statements of the 27th could be as a result of some heartfelt affinity he had for the UK as a Pole. My belief was clearly misguided.

Today I have been convinced that his emotions were conditioned by the impending loss to the EU of the UK's massive contributions and his fear that the Brussels gravy train for his ilk will soon hit the buffers. Tusk is just another weak, useless and incompetent puppet who effectively takes his orders from the weak, useless and incompetent windbag Juncket.
miner

Return to Brexit