Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

General Election

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

Re: General Election

Postby miner » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
diy wrote:Serious question HL - do you think we are going to leave the EU?

Most likely, but I don't think that question is as serious as the question of the moral and constitutional bankruptcy the government is operating under.

... Which pales into insignificance when compared with the matter of the moral and constitutional bankruptcy of the European Union, its anti-democratic policies and the destruction it has caused, particularly to the poorer counties in Southern Europe, with its integrationist policies.

HL, I have come to the conclusion that you live in your own EUtopian vacuum, devoid of much connection with reality.
miner

Postby atticus » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Is there any chance of keeping to the topic under discussion? Your pet hobbyhorses are well known, and not always relevant.
atticus

Postby miner » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:36 pm

So are HL's and so are yours.
miner

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:34 pm

miner wrote:... Which pales into insignificance when compared with the matter of the moral and constitutional bankruptcy of the European Union, its anti-democratic policies and the destruction it has caused, particularly to the poorer counties in Southern Europe, with its integrationist policies...

You bang on and on about that, but I don't recall you giving a single example of any of it.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby shootist » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:07 pm

miner wrote:... Which pales into insignificance when compared with the matter of the moral and constitutional bankruptcy of the European Union, its anti-democratic policies and the destruction it has caused, particularly to the poorer counties in Southern Europe, with its integrationist policies.

Now that you mention it, Greece has rather dropped of the radar for some time now.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby atticus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:24 am

It is still there.
atticus

Postby tph » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:28 am

I believe July is the time that the EU will start to notice the elephant in the room!
tph

Postby Hairyloon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:17 pm

atticus wrote:It is still there.

Not noticeably on the radar.
Hairyloon

Postby atticus » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:16 pm

As has been observed elsewhere, not everything gets reported. Editors appear to have decided that other areas of news should be given priority when it comes to column inches or air time. What's going on in Peru right now is being completely ignored by our media.
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:27 pm

I don't think anyone was suggesting a conspiracy: I had read it as a simple observation. Does anyone here know how things are going there?
Hairyloon

PreviousNext

Return to Brexit