Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

EU rule

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

Re: EU rule

Postby atticus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:11 pm

That is not an extract from today's speech. It is an extract from a speech before the referendum.

I think if you were to ask the PM now, she would say something like the people have spoken, and she respects that.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19704
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: EU rule

Postby miner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Hairy -

In case you somehow hadn't noticed, things have moved significantly forward since TM made that speech.

Notably, you failed to attribute a date to it. Remember the old adage that a week is a long time in politics......

Atticus is right.
miner
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 am

Re: EU rule

Postby atticus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you miner. You really should agree with me more often.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19704
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: EU rule

Postby Hairyloon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:09 pm

The bulk of the excerpt is apparently factual: are you both suggesting that those were lies, or do you claim those figures have changed significantly?
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 10017
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: EU rule

Postby atticus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:37 pm

I think you can start by explaining your purpose in posting that graphic. I have commented on it.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19704
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: EU rule

Postby miner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Hairyloon wrote:The bulk of the excerpt is apparently factual: are you both suggesting that those were lies, or do you claim those figures have changed significantly?


I'm claiming nothing but noting that the statements were made by a politician, clearly over 6 months ago, and as I've already said, a week Is a long time in politics. 6 months is many times longer.
miner
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 am

Re: EU rule

Postby miner » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm

atticus wrote:Thank you miner. You really should agree with me more often.


I'll happily agree with you when I believe that you are right. Occasionally you are. ;)
miner
 
Posts: 2341
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:22 am

Re: EU rule

Postby Hairyloon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:35 pm

atticus wrote:I think you can start by explaining your purpose in posting that graphic. I have commented on it.

Do you suggest the facts have changed? Or do you think the Former Home Secretary believes the facts have changed?
Take me to your lizard...
User avatar
Hairyloon
 
Posts: 10017
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:12 pm
Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: EU rule

Postby atticus » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:31 pm

One important fact changed. This took place on 23 June 2016.
User avatar
atticus
 
Posts: 19704
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: E&W

Re: EU rule

Postby tph » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Hairyloon wrote:
atticus wrote:I think you can start by explaining your purpose in posting that graphic. I have commented on it.

Do you suggest the facts have changed? Or do you think the Former Home Secretary believes the facts have changed?


The facts have not changed. But as a public servant the Prime Minister has been tasked with implementing a change regardless of whether she agrees with it.
User avatar
tph
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:54 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Brexit

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest