Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Non-resident Quitlings.

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

Non-resident Quitlings.

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:35 pm

I have been moved to wonder how much of the noise being made about our delayed departure from the EU is coming from outside of the country.
Certainly on this forum, the lions share of the shouting comes from miner who I understand is based on the other side of the Atlantic, and there are several very vocal groups on Facebook that are fronted by a chap based in Moscow.

I'm not suggesting any kind of Russian plot: the "not best bright" act is too convincing and consistent, but I do wonder why they get so upset about it when it can't really be affecting them significantly.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: Non-resident Quitlings.

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:44 pm

It is most odd, is it not? Perhaps we should take back control from these people who meddle in our affairs from hundreds of miles away.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby miner » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Hairyloon wrote:I have been moved to wonder how much of the noise being made about our delayed departure from the EU is coming from outside of the country.
Certainly on this forum, the lions share of the shouting comes from miner who I understand is based on the other side of the Atlantic, ...

I cannot really recall any particular comment I have ever made about our delayed departure from the EU.

... the "not best bright" act is too convincing and consistent, ....

Pleas be so kind as to explain the term I've highlighted.

but I do wonder why they get so upset about it when it can't really be affecting them significantly.

It's because you are so completely and utterly blinkered and ignorant about how certain events in the UK do very significantly affect such people.
miner

Postby miner » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:01 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:It is most odd, is it not? Perhaps we should take back control from these people who meddle in our affairs from hundreds of miles away.

It's odd only because you clearly lack sufficient knowledge to properly consider the full implications for folk living abroad. You are as blinkered on such matters as Hairy is and have clearly not yet been able to come to terms with the realities of living in what is nowadays a global world with strong interactions between westernized countries. You are too steeped in the EU mumbo-jumbo which emanates from the highly sophisticated and very effective Brussels PR machine and those who are inclined to believe in the bullshit produced by it.

Some British folk living abroad are totally unaffected by what goes on in the UK. Others are directly and significantly impacted by events.
miner

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:30 pm

I can't think of any post about Brexit in which you did not abuse people who disagree with you either. What an odd world you must occupy, where you cannot accept that anyone may genuinely disagree with you. Every opponent must be a traitor, or be brainwashed, or stupid, or a parasite. Or, if all else fails, you just say they are talking bollocks. You've never engaged in any proper debate. It occurs to me that this is because you really don't know what's going on at all.

I agree with atticus: sod off.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:33 pm

You missed out airhead and tosser.
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:44 pm

miner wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:... the "not best bright" act is too convincing and consistent, ....

Pleas be so kind as to explain the term I've highlighted...

Is it not self explanatory? It referred to the chap in Moscow; I could perhaps have made that more clear, but I don't see how you could be thought to be a part of a Russian conspiracy.

It's because you are so completely and utterly blinkered and ignorant about how certain events in the UK do very significantly affect such people.

No, not blinkered, it is simply that any such people make no attempt to explain their problem except by ranting inanely or frothing incomprehensibly.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby miner » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:49 pm

atticus wrote:You missed out airhead and tosser.

Sorry to have disappointed you by omitting them.
miner

Postby miner » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:
I agree with atticus: sod off.

Charming - and from another Moderator. Keep on smouldering, Stoaty!
miner

Postby miner » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:54 pm

I'd be interested to know whether Stoaty or Hairy have ever lived and/or worked abroad?
miner

Next

Return to Brexit