Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Excellent News on Brexit

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

Re: Excellent News on Brexit

Postby miner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:51 am

atticus wrote:And here is the job ad. I think the OP fits the spec perfectly.

Nah, that's just the job, tailor-made for you, atticus! ;)
miner

Postby miner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:44 pm

Rogers warned that holding a referendum was risky in the first place, that it might well result in Brexit, and that the result would be an unholy mess.

The "unholy mess" is the EU itself, which is why it has been such a failure and why it has created its own accelerated path to its oblivion.

It appears Sir Ivo was given the heave ho, because he was in a "we're all doomed" mentality and lacked the ability to make good of the bad.

He acted with a degree of supreme arrogance and dishonesty in a position where he failed to recognize that he was a servant of the British government, paid as the UK's Ambassador to the EU to promote the UK's interests - rather than doing what he wanted to do and was brazenly doing - which was acting as an Ambassador for the EU and promoting the EU's interests and the perpetuation of that corrupt and incompetent entity.

Most UK Civil Servants, I believe, have the sense to realize that their own personal views and viewpoints must be cast aside in order to perform the duties of their well-remunerated positions. Sir Ivan, however, was on his own self-serving ego-trip and was too stupid to realize it. The Foreign Office needs to rid itself of such disloyal and disingenuous parasites.
miner

Postby diy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:18 pm

I haven't seen anything suggesting dishonesty and am only musing on the theory that he was unable to get with the new programme
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:30 pm

diy wrote:I haven't seen anything suggesting dishonesty...

Yes miner. You'll need to provide some evidence to support your allegation, else that post may have to be taken down.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby miner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Dishonesty in the sense that he was clearly representing the EU's interests rather than those of the UK.

Dishonesty = lack of honesty or integrity.

He was acting without integrity.

An Ambassador exists to fearlessly represent and promote the interests of the Country he is being paid to represent.

He was not doing so.

The adjective "treacherous" would also seem to apply to him:

Synonyms: traitorous, disloyal, faithless, unfaithful, duplicitous, deceitful, deceptive, false, backstabbing, double-crossing, double-dealing, two-faced, Janus-faced, weaselly, untrustworthy, unreliable;
miner

Postby miner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:25 pm

diy wrote:I haven't seen anything suggesting dishonesty and am only musing on the theory that he was unable to get with the new programme

The job of a Civil Servant is to adapt to whatever rôle is the current one. If someone is "unable to get on with the new programme" then they must logically resign instead of promoting their own personal views and interests. This knighted clown had "gone native".
miner

Postby atticus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:19 pm

Where is the evidence that he did any of those things?
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:11 pm

He is alleged to have suggested that the post-Brexit trade negotiations might be a little tricky and may take a while. Can you not see how that prootes the EU's interests far and away over those of the UK?
It's practically treason.
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby miner » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:50 pm

atticus wrote:Where is the evidence that he did any of those things?

Look at his quoted statements and his letter of "resignation".
miner

Postby atticus » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 pm

oh dear. Someone else with no idea of the meaning of the word "evidence".

Suppose for a moment that he had not written that. Would you still have made those accusations? If so, on what evie?
atticus

PreviousNext

Return to Brexit