Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

A little light relief.

For discussion of all matters relating to the UK's departure from the European Union

A little light relief.

Postby Hairyloon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:36 am

Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Re: A little light relief.

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:04 pm

I thought I'd post this here: I expect it'll give you all a laugh...

The Cameron government hijacked the EU Referendum and converted it into a political agenda to suit their own internal party politics. They succeeded in fooling the public and even the other parties into believing that their political agenda was inherent in the referendum Act, and that the result had to be “implemented”.

There has never been a constitutional decision that the UK shall leave the EU. The Article 50 Notification served on 29 March is invalid.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/richard ... 02040.html
Hairyloon

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:22 pm

Stung by some of the recent criticism of the media, I have decided to be more patriotic about Brexit. I had not previously thought I was being otherwise but when Britons of the stature of Andrea Leadsom and Liam Fox tell you that you are letting the country down, well, you have to sit up and take notice.

It came as something of a shock, I admit, to discover that having even a twinge of doubt about the competence of the crack team of political strategists that is the May cabinet might place someone on the treason spectrum. But you can see the point the Tories are making here. Britain is standing alone against a hostile continent. Careless talk costs lives. We don’t want Johnny European finding out that he’s up against the diplomatic equivalent of Dad’s Army...

https://www.ft.com/content/f62c443e-668 ... 38dcaef614
Hairyloon

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:32 am

The European Union has demanded another bill… and this time it’s £80,000 of Nigel Farage’s own money.

The MEP recently received a letter stamped by the European Parliament telling him he was being unexpectedly charged the mammoth amount.

It’s all over a quibble that one of Nigel’s staff who helps represent him as an MEP also held a post in Ukip at the same time.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/n ... m=referral
Hairyloon

Postby shootist » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:48 am

You have discovered that bollocks is being talked about Brexit. Well done. Who'd have thought it?
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:21 am

Hairyloon

Postby Labrador » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:19 am

I seldom read read from an unreliable source enough said. :D
Labrador

Return to Brexit