Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Figures again

Case requests, comments, corrections, questions, answers. Just anything an everything about swarb.co.uk

Figures again

Postby dls » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:47 am

We have reached another milepost this morning. For the very first time, we have got to 5 million page views year. The figure at the ame time last yer was 3,400,000. The annual figures are the level required to smooth out the considerable fluctuations which occur from day to day within each week, and from month to month through the year

It is gratifying to continue to grow in this way. It is clear that the rate of increase is reducing, but I would not have anticipated this level a year ago.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Re: Figures again

Postby miner » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:17 am

Thanks for the info, dls. The increasing use of this site is the result of your good organization and management, and the assistance of several others.

You have always struck a happy medium with regard to not letting the site become over-moderated.
miner

Postby dls » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:09 am

Sorry. I should have made it clearer.

A few years ago, this forum was part of the swarb.co.uk website, and the figures spanned the case law site and the forum.

Two years ago (at least) the forum was split off #. The figures I mention above relate only to the case law website, and do not include the forum.

But thank you anyway.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby miner » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:49 pm

My comments above are equally valid after your clarification!
miner

Postby Spankymonkey » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:16 pm

David, are you converting this traffic in any way? Your site seems to be free of advertising?

I assume that roughly 7,500 page hits a day is net traffic from the abundance of case law summaries that you have compiled over the years. If that were me, I would seriously consider selling advertising to the legal profession from the site. Or at least to law students. With roughly 3,800 unique visitors a day you could be making some very serious money.

Just out of interest, do you know how many pages of case law have you compiled?

How have you managed to beat all of the major law publishers (and baillii) to the top of the Google stack when they have a vested interest in accruing such traffic.
Spankymonkey

Return to swarb.co.uk - case law