Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

direct and indirect contact

Case requests, comments, corrections, questions, answers. Just anything an everything about swarb.co.uk

Re: direct and indirect contact

Postby shootist » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:30 pm

atticus wrote:I applaud the OP's optimism. It is a virtue to be encouraged.

:lol:
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Re: direct and indirect contact

Postby shootist » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:38 pm

veritas2409 wrote:they would only refuse it

You are actually probably correct. The default position of the police is to refuse any FOI request that seems likely to be remotely contentious.

However...

If they refuse it then they will send you a complaint form detailing what you have to do if you disagree with their decision. You then complete that form, and you may get an answer. If you don't, then you appeal to the Information Commissioner and given the simplicity of the request, i.e. How many PINs have been issued in that last 12 months, you will get you answer I am certain.

Given the complexity of the tasks you have involved yourself in to date, this one is a piece of duff. If you can't do this, for the cost of an email or two, then I seriously suggest you give up on the others, as you ain't up to them and the stress of trying may be hazardous to your health.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Previous

Return to swarb.co.uk - case law