Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

New adventure

Case requests, comments, corrections, questions, answers. Just anything an everything about swarb.co.uk

Re: New adventure

Postby diy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Not wanting to derail the above question, if I understand correctly case A has a point of law established in Case b, that may have been made originally in case Z. So a manual link from Z through to A can be established based on the original point. Do lawyers also not establish new points of law based on the their own discovery, of possible similar cases?

Is there therefore not value in a tool that can give possible examples based on a community that tags the cases. In other words given the academic paper example, what if the reader can add tags having read that paper, then new possible links can be established based on this? Data discovery tools aim to tell you what you didn't know about the data, rather than answer specific questions.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby dls » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:56 pm

I will try to get something together. The new SC judgment on penalty clauses might be ideal.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby dls » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:06 pm

diy

Your contributions are inspiring, but first I need to complete my thinking through of how this might be structured to fit within a database.

Some of the elements are commercially sensitive - I know of more than one very large company which has failed a big part of this.
dls
Site Admin

Postby diy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:54 pm

My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby dls » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:00 pm

Fascinating.

I had the first ever licence from HMSO for the publication of legislation online. The project you identify is there to finish what I started (perhaps!).

Many many years ago I was involved in some of the discussions which predated by several years the current system.
dls
Site Admin

Previous

Return to swarb.co.uk - case law