Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

What can or can't be said?

The law relating to media, internet, telecomms etc

Re: What can or can't be said?

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:30 am

Will they do anything?
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:32 am

Or should they be reported to fb? I'll report them to fb
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:35 am

FB have a quite detailed system it seems. I've reported it as an image that might cause harm to another.
Russell

Postby atticus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Let me make sure I have understood correctly.

You are concerned about Facebook posts that identity people. You are concerned that they may lead to someone being killed.

It is suggested that you report the matter to the police.

You cannot be bothered to do that. It may involve effort.

Instead you report images to Facebook. You have gone to the strenuous effort of clicking a mouse.

Are you satisfied that you have done enough to remove the threat to life?
atticus

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Yes fully thanks. Facebook own the media and its their responsibility once made aware, which I've done.

Think of the system here. Thousands of individual reports to the police overloading the system, or one report from FB as part of a tested system? If you feel more needs to be done I will forward the posts to you via PM.

I also at times post on my wall that people should never re-post these types of updates. Not that anyone listens.
Russell

Postby atticus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Do you have any evidence of the efficacy of Facebook's "tested system"?
atticus

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:49 pm

Corporate responsibility gives them a legal obligation (as far as I know). Are you slandering FB?
Russell

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:56 pm

If you think FB are failing shouldn't you be contacting the Police about them? We can go together, I will make a pack lunch we can bond and make a day of it ;)
Russell

Postby atticus » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Idiot. You are failing to answer a clear and simple question. There was me, naïvely believing that you can back up all you say with evidence.

You are the one who claimed FB has a "tested system". I thought you would be able to back that statement up.

Perhaps you cannot.
atticus

Postby Russell » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Maybe you should do less worrying about FB rules and study the extensive Swarb regulations before calling someone an idiot, especially as you're a moderator:

On topic, 'friendly', and real.
Russell

PreviousNext

Return to Media