Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Threads being pulled

Stuff about using this board

Re: Threads being pulled

Postby diy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Yeah i'm watching too. What a great thing
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby Spankymonkey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Somebody complained his posts were being pruned so you pulled the whole thread? After another moderator had locked it? That shows an inconsistency among moderators which is inevitably going to result in protests of unfairness. This forum also has a disproportionate ratio of moderators to posters. I have posted on many more active forums that survive with a fraction of the number of moderators. I also agree with Miner’s observation that all of the moderators here share like minded left wing opinions, and it leads me to wonder if they are not given the position of moderator out of favour rather than necessity.

Your deletion of that thread was excessive Boo, and you should not be so mocking toward my criticism for having done so. There have been many constructive suggestions on how you should have approached this decision, all of which you have roundly ignored.

You also seem to forget that this board would not exist at all if it were not for a dozen or so regular contributors who devote so much of their time answering questions from one time only users. If you are not willing to credit their efforts with at least some form of feedback, it may discourage them from contributing so actively to this board. Personally, I think members should be given the opportunity to vote for moderators, but it's David’s board to do whatever he chooses.

Who will be writing this sticky you suggest be posted? Given that there are no practising criminal lawyers here you might want to proceed with caution. A sticky is much more likely to appear as advice then an open discussion where any errors could be highlighted or contested.

Incidentally Swarb did not crash in the way you mention, nor was stuff lost. It was a deliberate and malicious attack by an unknown third party who destroyed it. I'm surprised you don't know that.
Last edited by Spankymonkey on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spankymonkey

Postby diy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:16 pm

I don't think there is a left wing conspiracy going on here. There is plenty of evidence of disagreement on politics, religious belief might be a different story. But not political views.

Anyway. back off topic. i think i have the hots for katy perry
diy

Postby Spankymonkey » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:23 pm

diy wrote:I don't think there is a left wing conspiracy going on here.

I didn't say anything about a conspiracy.

diy wrote:i think i have the hots for katy perry

A totally pointless contribution on a thread about board management, any chance you could put it in the Robing room instead?
Spankymonkey

Postby diy » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:28 pm

A couple of posts back we were discussing the manchester gig. in this thread. In context KP was performing at the time.

To clarify - I don't think they are all politically leaning to the left or left of liberal
diy

Postby atticus » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:49 pm

I'm going to put my hand up and admit that I moved the token right-winger's latest topic about the General Election to the General Election forum.

And It was me who locked the other thread. It was all getting too silly.

I had not heard of Ariana Grande before the Manchester bombing. After this evening I have a lot of respect for the young lady.
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:51 pm

Spankymonkey wrote:Incidentally Swarb did not crash in the way you mention, nor was stuff lost. It was a deliberate and malicious attack by an unknown third party who destroyed it. I'm surprised you don't know that.

Can I press you for clarification on that please?

I have been ignoring that thread, so cannot comment on the content, but you make a good case. The forum does have backups, I'll see if the thread can be retrieved.
Bear with me.
Normal service will be resumed...
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby miner » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:30 am

atticus wrote:
I had not heard of Ariana Grande before the Manchester bombing. After this evening I have a lot of respect for the young lady.

Nor had I previously heard of her, but my respect for her for what she has done is immense. She is a brave young lady and also has a wonderful voice. Full marks to everyone who organized and participated in the concert last night in Manchester. It sent a message to all terrorists and would-be terrorists.

Seeing that Twin Otter land on Barra yesterday with the body of the 14-year old Barra girl was heart-wrenching.
miner

Postby atticus » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:43 am

I have restored the thread from the archive. Hairy will review it when time permits.
atticus

Postby Russell » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:16 am

This forum is a joke for both personal and political agenda moderation. I've said before that moderators should emulate the ethnic of the forum by modelling their role around DLS, i.e what would he do. Naturally this was laughed at, for a law forum, this place is lawless.
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

PreviousNext

Return to Board Management