Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

No edit rule

Stuff about using this board

Re: No edit rule

Postby Russell » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Mattie I was actually tested for dyslexia a few years back so that I could get help with an exam. The test was really interesting, on one of them you actually see letters jumping around a page, its just weird. Not sure if not spotting the errors is a good sign of dyslexia on its own but its a complex subject. It can also effect your hearing, I can relate to this as well and never had any ideas they were linked, so you never know.

But you can get some good help these days so its worth knowing if you are :)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -well.html
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Postby Boo » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:24 pm

Hairyloon wrote:but you should lay off the dyslexia, even if it is imagined.

atticus had previously said...

atticus wrote:
So, as far as I am concerned, his alleged dyslexia is not an issue.

There have been some reasonable adjustments made regarding editing time.
But those who want that extra time still have the issue of someone quoting their post as soon as soon as it's been posted!
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby Russell » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:04 am

Boo wrote:
Hairyloon wrote:but you should lay off the dyslexia, even if it is imagined.

atticus had previously said...

atticus wrote:
So, as far as I am concerned, his alleged dyslexia is not an issue.

There have been some reasonable adjustments made regarding editing time.
But those who want that extra time still have the issue of someone quoting their post as soon as soon as it's been posted!

Can I ask anyone with an opinion on Boo as a person, to have a read of what she's just done. Remember she touts herself as a liberal with strong views on discrimination and equality.
If you can't talk about the problem, how are you ever going to even start talking about the solution?
Russell

Postby atticus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:15 am

Boo pointed out that which you missed - and which you appear still to miss.
atticus

Postby diy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:39 am

editing after another has posted, is bad form,in any case the post will show it's been edited. But a bit of time to read and re-read is helpful. one hour seems a fair compromise. The reality is that people will judge based on grammar and spelling. With me I usual spot the mistake in a few minutes, but some days it's unrepresentative of the thought until 4 or 5 edits later.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby 3.14 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Russell wrote:Can I ask anyone with an opinion on Boo as a person, to have a read of what she's just done. Remember she touts herself as a liberal with strong views on discrimination and equality.
What has she done?
Hide in the noise. #hackerwisdom

Postby diy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:37 pm

What hasn't she done? :D
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby atticus » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:42 pm

ffs
atticus

Postby Boo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Russell wrote:Can I ask anyone with an opinion on Boo as a person, to have a read of what she's just done. Remember she touts herself as a liberal with strong views on discrimination and equality.

Oh dear. You don't know me well at all. For starters I've never disclosed my political beliefs here - you're pigeonholing again. As for the rest - In the supermarket of life, some of us are in the fruit and veg section, some in the tinned. But we're all heading in the same direction; the checkout.

I get the impression you want me to treat you with compassion, understanding and extreme leniency. Without judgement. Because you have a learning disability. Crikey, that reads like a sense of entitlement.

IMO, those days have long gone for you. When you were struggling with an issue (swarb 1 or 2?), I recommended quite a few things to help you cope (emotionally) with a legal issue. Still, it's all good when you're on the take.

But let's rewind a little shall we?
When you posted threads like these (and there were many more before swarb 3);
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=663 - If multiculturalism is so good why do people move away?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=903 - The greater good bias.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=319 - Black crime statistics #3?
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=239 - Self Censorship - which came off the back of me deleting a video you posted of a graphic death.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=257 - signs of a weak argument.

That'll do for now - but you get the gist.
Admittedly the controversy section is a pretty safe area for contentious subjects but that doesn't mean to say you can write what you like with impunity - change your name and perhaps deny responsibility.

Your learning disability is not an excuse for you to act like the village idiot. If you dish it out - you've got to learn to take it.

I may lose my mod hat over this. So be it. That's more spam busting for the other mods. Sorry guys.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:05 pm

Well said, Boo.
Smouldering Stoat

PreviousNext

Return to Board Management