Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Rules Reminder - No Privacy

Stuff about using this board

Rules Reminder - No Privacy

Postby dls » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:10 pm

No Privacy. The system allows members to send each other 'PMs' and emails. If you send an email, it leaves our system and control, and we have no access. A PM stays within the system, but is _not_ private. In practice we have no interest in reading them, but there have been occasions when proper complaints have been made about abuse, and the system itself is held in a database which I cannot imagine would be very difficult to hack. There is _no_ client lawyer privilege attached.

This is posted at the top of each forum.
I mean it - '
No privacy
' and
but is _not_ private

If anyone has any doubts or quibbles, sorry, but that is the way it has to be. I can make no promise. If you have something private to say to someone else, say it outside the system.
If you post it within the system here then acknowledge that it is absolutely _not_ private. At best it may be protected by considerations of amity and politeness. It does not raise higher.

If anyone thinks they have posted anything private in a PM, then realise that simply by sending it to someone else, you have already lost that privacy and any control to the recipient - with no duty on the recipient to respect your wishes, and to the extent that it stays within a database no duties of any sort fall on the board.

If you do not like it, then send an email.

I am not going to play games with rights and expectations - I refuse to get drawn into any such 'what ifs'. This is essential to the possibility of running this board.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Return to Board Management