Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

To have my teeth and my crown examined for evidence

Re: To have my teeth and my crown examined for evidence

Postby south1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:20 pm

NHS patient
south1

Postby south1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:15 pm

I can pay for a private dental consultant to look at my teeth and my crown but this can cost me a lot of money in comparison to the small amount I want to recover. Moreover it could be wasted money if the private consultant cannot find enough evidence on my teeth and my crown. However if the NHS complaint procedure is a good procedure there should be some kind of evidence gathering within it and I would like to know which law concerns it
south1

Postby Millbrook2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:54 pm

I don't understand why you should think a law exists to cover this issue.

From what I have read if NHS treatment does not come upto scratch then it should be rectified for free.

Is your dentist trying to charge you for refitting the crown?
Millbrook2

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:56 pm

south1 wrote:Moreover it could be wasted money if the private consultant cannot find enough evidence on my teeth and my crown.
That is the perennial problem with gathering evidence. You ask questions, not knowing what the answers will be.
atticus

Postby diy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:34 pm

I'd be focused more on the remedy. Go back to the practice, ask if its possible to have another dentist fix the problem. You've already had 2 failed repairs. Its also possible that the crown is defective, not the work.
My suggestions are not legal advice
diy

Postby south1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:20 pm

I would like to reply to Millbrook2

There should be a law which says that the NHS complaint procedure should be taken properly so that the gathering of evidence should take place properly

Yes if the treatment is not good it should be rectified for free but on condition that we prove that the treatment was not good and in order to do this someone independent should examine my tooth and my crown

My dentist should not charge me to refit the crown within 12 months he refitted it a first time. However now it is more than twelve months and it could be why the last time he refitted it the work was of particular bad quality because it lasted only two days. My dentist has maybe done this intentionally because he wanted I come back after the 12 months so that I pay him again or it could have been fed up of refitting my crown for free. However I need to be able to prove it

I would like te reply to diy

It is difficult to go back to the same practice even using another dentist after having made a complaint against this practice. I prefer to wait to have my complaint upheld first. I am worried that the fact I made a complaint will influence the quality of the work.

Whether is it is the crown or the work which is defective my tooth and my crown need to be examined but the problem is how to force the NHS to do it
south1

Postby atticus » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:47 pm

Southy, as far as I can tell, it is only when you encounter a need in your various battles that you decide that there ought to be a law about it.

You have said you can afford it. If the state of your teeth is a problem, then get them dealt with. I expect you can find someone to do it who will be able to record all the evidence you need.
atticus

Previous

Return to Personal Injury