Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

The Non-Doms

Income, Corporation, Capital Gains, Inheritance Taxes, VAT and so on.

The Non-Doms

Postby dls » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:57 am

This has been a debate full of heated nonsense.

First Milliband says he will (simply) stop non-dom relief.

It is a policy born not in tax raising or in fairness, but simply in an attempt to wring foot the conservatives.

Then along comes the BBC with Balls (..) saying six weeks ago that he was not in favour because it would actually cost us revenue. ooops
What do we do? We pretend that we have been studying it and come up with a way which will not cost us.

What is that. Err - actually - that we do not abolish it.

A very silver-tongued QC tax adviser discussed it all yesterday on the radio. He was convincing - you just continue to tidy it up.

Not to have everything their own way, the Tories (or so much of their true loonies who have not abandoned them for UKIP) have this morning accused Labour of putting all our lives at risk by being ready to abandon Trident in order to climb into bed with Nicola Sturgeon. This has of curse been denied - but, I think the real reason why this is unlikely is because in effect the Scots Nats have already sold their soul and abandoned any principled rejection of trident - just exactly in order to gain power.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Re: The Non-Doms

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:14 am

Is it particularly bad this time around, or has it always been like this and I've been too wrapped up in myself to notice?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Return to Tax