Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

CCJ setting aside question!

Re: CCJ setting aside question!

Postby faithless » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Nobody's advising, I think, against an appeal. What has been said is that we don't think you will meet with much success.

An employer who will undertake a review of your credit and not make further investigation in respect of a CCJ with a Certificate of Satisfaction is only pretending it is your credit record that is against you. It's either something else or they have another candidate and there's nothing else to choose between you.
faithless

Postby dls » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm

What would be the basis if the appeal?
The court seems to have got it right.

The problem lies with the records it leaves behind. The OP needs to document it and use that documentation wherever he needs to persuade somebody - starting with the credit reference agencies.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby stuck123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:16 am

Well I will appeal on the basis , i have a good reason for not paying the university in time because I was promised by the SLC that they will do that. Also the Univesity are not going to contest my appeal.

As to the court papers, I never received them at my address. Maybe 'lost' in the post somewhere.
stuck123

Postby atticus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:31 am

If the University is sympathetic, that will of course help.
atticus

Postby stuck123 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:59 pm

yes the uni have told me to get it set aside. They said they will not challenge it and the rest is up to the court.
stuck123

Postby dls » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Please let us know how you get on, but do not await that outcome before doing the rest.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby landlordnightmare » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:06 am

Credit files at the credit agencies are massive (as you might imagine) the largest agencies deal internationally - i.e. 100's of millions of people.

If you really want to update your credit record you do need something concrete from the UK court in terms of a Court Order to say that the entry was wrong (for whatever reason e.g. the debt order was overturned - NOT that the debt was seviced - that won't work half as much). Even then you will struggle to get that changed on the computer records with multiple agencies without massive effort. Don't give up - but you will need to prove that what they recorded was wrong.

Also concentrate on improving your credit record - now I couldn't possibly say how that might be done, as I actually disapprove

However if you are confident of your self control - borrowing a lot of money on a lot of credit cards and regularly paying off quickly (avoiding any interest payments) certainly used to work. It might not any more - the algorithms may have changed.

It is strange but - but the more you borrow - BUT PAY OFF under ther terms of the agreement the better your credit rating gets. Used to be that way anyway - think it still is - and I can see why - but don't pay any stupid interest rate charges in doing so (that is easy to miss - one full re-payment missed your interest rate will be extortionate - that is where they expect their profits to come from).
Note: I am not legally qualified, just been around a few blocks. The sorry cynic.
landlordnightmare

Postby stuck123 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:20 am

Hello
Thanks for all the advice on tjos forum.
Just a quick update. Myself and the university attended the hearing to get judgement sent aside last thursday. To my surprise it was for 5 mins long. The judge agreed to get the judgement set aside and canceled the original claim altogether as the money has been paid.

So how long does this process take? Is it done immediately? And would they inform credit eef agencies? Do they take long to do this? Or do I need to do that myself?
stuck123

Postby atticus » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:32 am

The order has immediate effect. The Court will send you a typed order in its own good time.

You should send certified copies of the order to all credit reference agencies asking them to correct their records.
atticus

Postby stuck123 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Thanks for that . Do I need to more money to get the certificate stating the decison? Also how long do take the cred ref to ammed the details when I send proof?
stuck123

PreviousNext

Return to Insolvency