Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Nuclear Deterrence / NSA

To propose and debate astonishing propositions of law. Please stay polite and rational.

Re: Nuclear Deterrence / NSA

Postby Hairyloon » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:18 am

What is the projected outcome these days?
Take me to your lizard...
Hairyloon

Location: From there to here and here to there... Funny things are everywhere.

Postby shootist » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 am

It would rather (just) live in a world where my side had as many nukes as the other side than if my side had none and the other side had loads. The one thing that people of a pacifist mentality never seem to understand is that when situations divide into sides, the other side may not be pacifist. Ghandi never quite figured that one out.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby Hairyloon » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:18 pm

I saw this and thought of you...
It was a typical scene at the start of the new school year – student groups setting out tables and trying to sign up recruits for sororities, clubs and religious organisations. Until the end of the row, that is, where hundreds of people had gathered to pick up free dildos.

Wednesday’s Cocks Not Glocks protest against Texas’s “campus carry” law was held on the first day of classes at the University of Texas at Austin, which has spearheaded resistance to the new rule from students and faculty members at colleges in the state.

The rally took place along a tree-lined avenue beneath the tower at the heart of the campus from where Charles Whitman embarked on a shooting spree on 1 August 1966.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... aw-protest
Hairyloon

Postby shootist » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:50 am

Interesting, but it speaks more about the laws prohibiting the display of dildos than anything else. It also supposes that students are sane, rational, wise, people. And should there be another school shooting I would rather see some students being able to return fire than attempting to defend themselves with dildos. Before anyone advocates the outlawing of all firearms they might first consider making a law that everyone should be nice to everyone else.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Postby atticus » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:01 am

When armed police attend the scene of a shooting or suspected shooting, and see someone with a gun, what are that person's chances of survival?
atticus

Postby Hairyloon » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:32 am

shootist wrote:It also supposes that students are sane, rational, wise, people.

Does it? It seems a significantly more reasonable supposition than that gun owners are sane, rational and wise.
And should there be another school shooting I would rather see some students being able to return fire than attempting to defend themselves with dildos.

Imagine a concealed shooter and a bunch of nervous kids looking for someone to shoot...
Hairyloon

Previous

Return to Just Mooting