Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Legal 'Aid'

To propose and debate astonishing propositions of law. Please stay polite and rational.

Re: Legal 'Aid'

Postby miner » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:27 pm

Hector wrote:It transpires that it was my solicitor who put £50 000 instead of £500 000 in a recent CIVApp8s form he sent in to the LAA so my apologies to them :oops:
My solicitor responded to concens about the value of my claim raised by the LAA in a letter to them but didn't respond to the concerns the LAA raised about the merits of my claim so the certificate was discharged :cry:

Yet another solicitor who is so incompetent that he/she is incapable of even getting a crucial figure correct on an official document.
miner

Postby atticus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I am sure miner read this, and will be joining in the appreciation of your solicitor's assistance in resolving the problem.
Hector wrote:At last :!: :!:
Got a lovely letter from LAA this afternoon. Legal Aid cert reinstated - "Full representation" :D :D
atticus

Postby atticus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:45 pm

Hector wrote:At last :!: :!:
Got a lovely letter from LAA this afternoon. Legal Aid cert reinstated - "Full representation" :D :D
excellent news! Onwards ....
atticus

Postby Slartibartfast » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:37 pm

Well done Hector, persistence pays off.
"Judicial tergiversation is not to be encouraged"
Slartibartfast

Postby Hector » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:03 am

miner wrote:
Hector wrote:It transpires that it was my solicitor who put £50 000 instead of £500 000 in a recent CIVApp8s form he sent in to the LAA so my apologies to them :oops:
My solicitor responded to concens about the value of my claim raised by the LAA in a letter to them but didn't respond to the concerns the LAA raised about the merits of my claim so the certificate was discharged :cry:

Yet another solicitor who is so incompetent that he/she is incapable of even getting a crucial figure correct on an official document.

My solicitor is far from incompetent Miner - he is human though so he's far from perfect :) As it happens if not for the slight delay I wouldn't have found out that my hyoid bone had also been fractured in '88 and covered-up by the hospital so some good has come out of it.
Bones make good witnesses. Although they speak softly, they tell no lies and they never forget.
Hector

Postby Hector » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:08 am

@ Slarti & Atticus
Thanks - drinks on me (when I get paid out of course) :D
Bones make good witnesses. Although they speak softly, they tell no lies and they never forget.
Hector

Postby atticus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:52 am

I look forward to that day, Hector.
atticus

Postby Hector » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:19 am

atticus wrote:I look forward to that day, Hector.

Likewise :)
Hector

Postby Boo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Hector wrote:@ Slarti & Atticus
Thanks - drinks on me (when I get paid out of course) :D

*coughs*

:|
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby atticus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Hector, can Boo join us? I think she's ok.

:lol:
atticus

PreviousNext

Return to Just Mooting