Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Pretty Woman tonight (Movie!) quote..

To propose and debate astonishing propositions of law. Please stay polite and rational.

Pretty Woman tonight (Movie!) quote..

Postby landlordnightmare » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:03 pm

"You must be a lawyer - you have that sharp useless look about you"

Sorry :D :D :D
Note: I am not legally qualified, just been around a few blocks. The sorry cynic.
landlordnightmare

Re: Pretty Woman tonight (Movie!) quote..

Postby shootist » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 pm

I like that film, but what an utter fantasy. A woman with the looks of Julia Roberts works as a street hooker, doesn't use drugs, doesn't have a pimp, doesn't have the clap (implied). Sheer Hollywood fantasy. Not as bad as 'Leaving Las Vegas'. Apart from 'starring' Nicolas I can't act anything other than terminally depressed Cage' not only was the street tart in that clean of drugs, disease, and pimps, as fit as a butcher's dog, she has her own super house and takes pity upon suicidal alcoholics. The view that some people have of life on the other side of the tracks never ceases to amaze me.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Re: Pretty Woman tonight (Movie!) quote..

Postby landlordnightmare » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:53 am

Julia can come across to my side of the tracks any time she wishes:-))

Oh dear that is Mrs llnms name!!

Only found out today Miss Llnm was watching the same movie at the same time on a screen in the room next door. She liked the shopping concept with somebody elses card!
Note: I am not legally qualified, just been around a few blocks. The sorry cynic.
landlordnightmare

Return to Just Mooting