Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Questions that don''t deserve their own thread.

To propose and debate astonishing propositions of law. Please stay polite and rational.

Re: Questions that don''t deserve their own thread.

Postby landlordnightmare » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:32 pm

atticus wrote:Another thing on my bucket list is to be in Sydney to see see the New Year fireworks one year.

ooooh no - 20+ hours in a bucket seat? (even with movies)

Chinese New Year fire works in Hong Kong likely to be a better display - and only half the time in the bucket seat. If you can upgrade to business or first - the movies might blurr into the free champagne - and you can lie down!!

You could stop off in HK for 9 months or so to recover before moving on to Sydney, or do it the other way round and only a few months in Sydney and then realise you really shouldn't have bothered with Sydney when you see the HK ones on the way back!!

Don't bother going for the Cricket though -.... oh dear don't we have another drubbing starting tonight?
Note: I am not legally qualified, just been around a few blocks. The sorry cynic.
landlordnightmare

Postby atticus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:38 pm

You don't have to come with me, llnm. I'm cool with that.
atticus

Postby landlordnightmare » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:
...., given that Player 2 is in jail and unable to land on it and pay rent, is so remote as to be effectively nil.

Forget getting bankruptcy anulled and flouting planning rules .. Player 2 needs to go immediately for a miscarriage of justice with compensation - as it was supposed to be Player 1 in Jail. Quite easy to get these things wrong if you refer to claimants / respondents just by numbers (see other thread by dls!) :D
Note: I am not legally qualified, just been around a few blocks. The sorry cynic.
landlordnightmare

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Sigh.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby landlordnightmare » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:24 pm

As the QC did when he realised he had sentenced his client to death when he meant to say 'defendant 1' rather than 'defendant 2'.
landlordnightmare

Postby landlordnightmare » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Alexb123 wrote:Can anyway work out the odds of winning this game of monopoly when the following happens?

Player 1 goes to jail 3 times, without ever passing go.

Player 2 lands on Park Land on his first go around the board and Mayfair on his second. He then buy a hotel on Mayfair.

Player 1 gets out of Prison and straight away lands on Mayfair and is bankrupt.

So Player 1 never actually passed go once.

What are the odds of this happening?

I think Smouldering might be the sort of QC BoJ may have come across if he 'sighs' with arrogance of getting 1 & 2 mixed up as being unimportant.
landlordnightmare

Postby landlordnightmare » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:55 am

atticus wrote:You don't have to come with me, llnm. I'm cool with that.

I'm cool with that too ... anyways seems I should be going to Colorado for a ski trip instead after hearing the news!! Business class with flat bed and free champagne of course! Might even take Mrs llnm!! :D
landlordnightmare

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:56 am

landlordnightmare wrote:I think Smouldering might be the sort of QC BoJ may have come across if he 'sighs' with arrogance of getting 1 & 2 mixed up as being unimportant.

I have been accused of being arrogant by Landy. This is the funniest thing since Mrs Stoat told me I take too long in the shower.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Alexb123 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:16 am

Guys come on, this thread is a bit of informative fun :)

Does anyway one else have any questions? The thread was for everyone :)
Alexb123

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 am

Stepson #2 saw in the New Year at Sydney Harbour this year - very highly recommended.

Break your journey out at Bangkok or Singapore, and at LA on the way back, and you can tick the circumnavigation off your list, too. Maybe avoid playing Monopoly on the plane though.
Smouldering Stoat

PreviousNext

Return to Just Mooting