Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Spy in a suitcase

To propose and debate astonishing propositions of law. Please stay polite and rational.

Re: Spy in a suitcase

Postby Alexb123 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:09 pm

SS no we are not going to get to the truth. We are going to try within our limited capacity to understand what happened. Why is there so much questioning and point scoring in this thread? Its just a chance to explore a topic.
Alexb123

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Alexb123 wrote:blah blah blah ... we are a huge step closer to the truth.

Alexb123 wrote: no we are not going to get to the truth
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Alexb123 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Anyway back to the matter itself.

Your padlock theory.

There are only a very limited range and size of padlocks that can fit such a holdall.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6112/6302 ... db24_z.jpg

This could be a good one over and above the traditional padlock, as it clips into place rather than needing the alignment of the swiveling thing. However, this lock takes vision to unlock, unless you can keep track with your finger. However, the whole actually locking the case just seems silly. If you were attempting this you would just fix the lock to the zip without clipping it shut.

However, I would consider it highly unlikely that this development was so effective that it meant a first time success, plus we have no evidence that the padlock changed on the ill fated attempt.

Also, it needs to be considered that the fingers become the eyes when attempting these things, giving yet more reason for any padlock to have DNA.

Another observation I like to put forward would be how much DNA was found in the holdall? Clearly we don't know this but it would assist the investigation greatly. Naked skin against a coarse surface, even during one attempt would cause a large amount of skins debris. And if this was a regular occurrence you could scrap together a huge amount of skin as opposed to hardly any if he entered the bag postmortem.
Alexb123

Postby Alexb123 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Smouldering Stoat wrote:
Alexb123 wrote:blah blah blah ... we are a huge step closer to the truth.

Alexb123 wrote: no we are not going to get to the truth

SS I'm not going to rise to this. I'm not sure what you problem is in this thread, either you want to debate the event that happened or you don't. If you don;t want to debate the event please don't post in the thread.
Alexb123

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Alexb123 wrote:Another observation I like to put forward would be how much DNA was found in the holdall?

Quite a lot of DNA. There was a whole person in it.

Alex, what is the purpose of asking these questions which cannot be answered? You wouldn't be able to interpret the answers even if you did have access to them.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby Alexb123 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:58 pm

SS I ask questions because I think in questions, I talk in questions. In fact I often limit my questions because asking question is actually an odd form of behavior. I've only ever met one person who asks more questions than me.
Alexb123

Postby zebedee » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Alex seemingly vindicated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... perts.html

Whoever tidied up afterwards did a good job. Maybe the SIS have an after work club for employees with idiosyncratic interests.
zebedee

Postby Boo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:54 pm

zebedee wrote:
Whoever tidied up afterwards did a good job. Maybe the SIS have an after work club for employees with idiosyncratic interests.

I have a friend who's rather partial to the idea of working with a cadaver clean up crew. :?
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby zebedee » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:04 pm

What's happened to our forum sleuth? On the point of vindication he disappears.

Where are you Alex?
zebedee

Postby atticus » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Maybe he's run out of questions.
atticus

PreviousNext

Return to Just Mooting