Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

Your television service will resume once the weather changes

To propose and debate astonishing propositions of law. Please stay polite and rational.

Your television service will resume once the weather changes

Postby landlordnightmare » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Yes really..

We have been without terrestrial signal for several days. But also been a constant bug bear of losing many chanels over past year or so. Smetimes just because it gets dark!

And that is the excuse. Also alvailable on their web sites! I feel they might not have thought through the move to digital TV transmission through the atmosphere in the UK.

Are we entitled to get rebates on our license fee? (I know the answer!)
Note: I am not legally qualified, just been around a few blocks. The sorry cynic.
landlordnightmare

Re: Your television service will resume once the weather cha

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:43 pm

No.

Alternative ways of receiving the telly are available.
Smouldering Stoat

Re: Your television service will resume once the weather cha

Postby landlordnightmare » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:48 pm

But you pay again for those different methods......

I agree that is probably the future - but - it seems to be sensible you now need satellite and land line and terestrial transmission.

What does worry me - is just how easy it would actually be to cut off all communication between people.

I would have to get a line from a different exchange to get a land line back up (very costly) - and highly likely to go down at the same time.

Why do they bother to even claim a service will be provided 'over the airwaves'? It just is not there reliably anymore around here - wireless is dead - long live wireless!!
Note: I am not legally qualified, just been around a few blocks. The sorry cynic.
landlordnightmare

Return to Just Mooting