Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

need some help

Immigration, nationality, asylum, and extradition. Visas etc.

need some help

Postby preacherman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:07 pm

applied for a uk visitor visa for my wifes mother and uncle to come here from abroad. So far one has been declined.

we were paying for the trip, and accommodation. the guidelines say that you must show that if you are the sponsor, you can take care of your own family financially, and the visitors for the duration of the visit.

the visa was declined because the officer could not tell where the funds in my savings account came from.

the guidelines say you must provide bank accounts, and evidence to show that you can support the trip. That is what was provided.

apparently there is no appeal! unless its a human rights issue?

I am assuming, they are saying I am guilty, of some kind of money laundering (i.e getting money form another just to show we have funds to support) when I am not. The guidelines do not say that you have to show 'how' you have savings!
preacherman

Re: need some help

Postby preacherman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:54 pm

no bites on the cherry yet then! come on atty.

your suppose to be able to sponsor someone, but the immigration officer says on the refusal 'it is for you to qualify in your own right'?

'if your sponsor is paying for your trip, provide evidence of their funds to support you'
preacherman

Postby atticus » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Not an area I know anything about. Try your MP?
atticus

Postby preacherman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:02 pm

me neither. well its just there is no appeal, unless its human rights. Just writing to the home office now. its only a family visit for petes sake.

common sense suggestion to me that if the uk visa form says to tick this box:

'documents showing that another person can pay for your visit, such as bank statements of the person paying for your visit'

then 'it is for you to qualify in your own right' (regarding having enough finances) is bull..
preacherman

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:48 pm

I agree with Atticus. Go to your MP. If there is no appeal, it may be possible to have the decision reconsidered by a special casework unit or to make a fresh application.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby blig » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:47 pm

A simpler solution here could be to reapply giving the evidence as before and evidence of where the funds in the saving account came from. It could well be correct action to have declined the original application; the border officer will have in mind a possibly unwell elderly relative and the potential cost on the NHS. The fee here is a processing fee and missing information which turned out to be required causes the application to fail. Similar to if you make an application for a new passport and don't send good enough photographs in: you're not always given a second chance and have to reapply, paying the fee a second time.
blig

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:32 am

blig wrote:A simpler solution here could be to reapply giving the evidence as before and evidence of where the funds in the saving account came from. It could well be correct action to have declined the original application; the border officer will have in mind a possibly unwell elderly relative and the potential cost on the NHS. The fee here is a processing fee and missing information which turned out to be required causes the application to fail. Similar to if you make an application for a new passport and don't send good enough photographs in: you're not always given a second chance and have to reapply, paying the fee a second time.

thanks for that. it is almost £400.00 a pop though! A possibly unwell elderly person is not actually anything to do with the reason for refusal though, as far as I see it? the legislation suggest that if a visa applicant has only recently come in possession of sufficient funds for the trip then it should be looked at further, not if it is the sponsors money. legislation suggests a person can be fully sponsored, but the refusal suggests ' the application is all down to you, you are broke busted and disgusted' you might come here run away and sell rice on street corners'. its totally prejudice if a person can be fully sponsored.

there is a first tribunal appeal if human rights are brought into it, and apparently by any family effected by the decision. Ive been up puking half the night first time since I can remember. Only last week this family member had to risk travelling while there was a typhoon and schools were closed, because the uk visa site went wrong, but if he missed appointment that would have been end of application. anyway of to get some rennie! if they still make it.
preacherman

Postby atticus » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:09 am

Do take some advice. You have an impressive track record of picking the wrong fights and losing them.
atticus

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:43 am

atticus wrote:Do take some advice. You have an impressive track record of picking the wrong fights and losing them.

but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! well I won in the first tier tribunal court before. I was part of a case that won in Strasbourg, a local solicitor did say to me 'its more than I have ever done'.

I know what you mean though.There are some things in life that you can do without.

getting in to litigation over a family visit beggars belief really.
preacherman

Postby shootist » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:02 am

I assume that there may be some mileage in a judicial review.
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Next

Return to Immigration