Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

need some help

Immigration, nationality, asylum, and extradition. Visas etc.

Re: need some help

Postby Boo » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:51 am

preacherman wrote:
atticus wrote:Do take some advice. You have an impressive track record of picking the wrong fights and losing them.

but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Not everyone makes it into that second group, P-Man.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:51 pm

shootist wrote:I assume that there may be some mileage in a judicial review.

yes think that is one of only two options.
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Boo wrote:
preacherman wrote:
atticus wrote:Do take some advice. You have an impressive track record of picking the wrong fights and losing them.

I totally agree boo. Down but not out! I think for me I was just shocked regarding this matter.
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 pm

Boo wrote:
preacherman wrote:

I totally agree boo. Down but not out! I think for me I was just shocked regarding this matter.
preacherman

Postby preacherman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:08 pm

"Family visitor appeals make up more than a third of all immigration appeals going through the system, with many applicants using it as an opportunity to submit information that should have been included in the first place.

Removing the right of appeal will save £107 million over the next decade, making the process faster and cheaper for applicants and allowing officials to focus on more complex cases, such as asylum claims and foreign criminal deportations
".from 2013

the uk uses agency's to deal with visas oversees, what about dodgy agents who 'cash in' on this lack of appeal, and cant read and interpret English legislation well.And the majority of those who have no access to a uk court if application decision breaches article 8 being only right of appeal
preacherman

Postby atticus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:45 am

Judicial review is not cheap or quick or without risk of having to pay costs.
atticus

Postby preacherman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:05 pm

there is a human rights appeal to the first tier tribunal. I was wondering, in your honest opinion, do you think a duty of care could be held between a sponsor [of a relative] and the home office.

would the home office owe a duty of care to the paying sponsor who paid for the visit visa, to at least provide a service that is A] accessible, and B} is administered in line with its own published legislation? and not to be negligent.

there is one question on the visa application which asks, do you have relatives that are 'financially dependent' on you.[in your country of origin}. our visitor answered no.

the border officer wrote, 'it seems you have no relatives in your country of origin xxxxxxxx accept your sister who was to be travelling with you'. you have no ties to your country or any country I dont think you will leave the uk.

Just because others in your country are not financially dependent on you, does not mean you have no relatives! they have many relatives.The visitor has never left his country all his life, and they are saying he has no ties to his country! or any country! Must be from planet mars then-sounds like a scam to me, to get more bucks
preacherman

Postby atticus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:10 pm

No.
atticus

Postby preacherman » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:29 pm

atticus wrote:No.

ok. I believe your opinion would be accurate. Care to indulge me as to why not? So the home office would not owe a duty of care to a uk citizen customer (sponsor).

harm must be reasonably foreseeable as a result of the defendant's conduct (no family visit),

the parties must be in a relationship of proximity, and (cant have visit without relationship)

it must be fair, just and reasonable to impose liability (no appeal process available, nightmare to get a just solution, only opens up the home office to genuine mistakes made)

this guy seems to know his stuff
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/visitor ... s-grounds/
preacherman

Postby atticus » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:35 pm

He does not once mention your barking negligence idea.
atticus

PreviousNext

Return to Immigration