Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

immigration romanian to the uk

Immigration, nationality, asylum, and extradition. Visas etc.

immigration romanian to the uk

Postby zumm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:55 am

Hello, I have a few questions that have to do with immigration but with the benefit system as well. I choose to post here, as i was saying i have a bit o a complicated situation, i am Romanian and my boyfriend is English, we have been living together for the past almost 2 years, i have never worked in the uk and never claimed or tried to claim any kind of benefit. just before i moved here my boyfriend lost his job since then he only found work once and only for a short period of time (6 weeks) we were hoping to get married but before the 2014 we were told that he had to provide for me legally and he could not do that on job-seekers. My problem is that as of 2014 i can work freely in the uk and i was hoping to try and find a job but i need an NINo to work legally and for that i would have to tell them from when i came here and where i live, my bf is claiming housing benefit as we could not of afforded any other way and we have been living of his job-seeker allowance and the little bit of money my parents could send us, since the money i came with finished a long time ago. I am not on any of his claims so by rights he should of lived alone in the apartment we share, as you can see if i disclose the information that i have been living here for the past 2 years could bring a lot of problems with the housing benefit job-seeker and god knows what else. my question is how can i go around it, if i leave to Romania for a few days and then come back is there the possibility of not being allowed back in the uk? if i say that i was here from a month ago can they check this information moreover would they check this information, if they do what could be the possible problems that we could encounter
zumm

Re: immigration romanian to the uk

Postby dls » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:35 am

Nobody can help you to break the law by claiming benefits you are not entitled - and I recognise that it is not you but your boyfriend.

The idea of returning to Romania and then seeking to come back may put you both in a position of being able to declare the true (new) current situation.

I doubt that anyone here has sufficient experience of knowing the exact questions you will be asked, and I think that is where you must start.

Sorry. Best of luck.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby zumm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:37 pm

Thank you for your answer, he would be fully entitled to the benefits he is claiming if he would live alone, again thank you for your help.
zumm

Postby smuge » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:17 pm

zumm wrote: he would be fully entitled to the benefits he is claiming if he would live alone,
I may be wrong but, doesn't a single person tenancy receive a discount in HB, or is it CT, for living alone that they would not be entitled to if living with someone?
smuge

Postby dls » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:04 pm

which seems to be what zumm said.
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Postby zumm » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:21 pm

that is only one of the many problems
zumm

Postby Boo » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 pm

Very often people who do not have a permanent address, are free to use their local job centre as a care of address while claiming benefit - with their permission of course.
God - "I have made Mankind!"
Angels - "You screwed up a perfectly good monkey is what you did. Look at it. It's got anxiety!"
Boo

Return to Immigration