Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

FCA

Law of banking - cheques, PPI etc. Insurance, Financial Services/

Re: FCA

Postby LoveandPeace » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Is there anymore details you can give me on the above just to give some kind of clarification if the 'aspect' in question is just trying to bling it.

What kind of DPA breach? Why would it be reported to FCA and not ICO?

Thanks for the above reply I meant to get back sooner.
LoveandPeace

Postby atticus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:20 pm

what do you mean by "bling it"?

A data protection breach by a financial institution may entail losses of more than just data, and bring matters also within the jurisdiction of the FCA.
atticus

Postby LoveandPeace » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 pm

atticus wrote:what do you mean by "bling it"?

I'm not too sure of the person (quite yet) who is reporting the breach to FCA. They seem cosy with certain individuals so I need to find out more about them before I can get a better picture.

Therefore I am not too sure if they are being genuine to the individuals they are representing or might just being kept comfortable by institutions with big pockets. I really don't know. I have come across a few actors over the years that seem like the real deal to many. Of course, I know different because I have the evidence (with other matters).

atticus wrote:A data protection breach by a financial institution may entail losses of more than just data, and bring matters also within the jurisdiction of the FCA.

Any way of elaborating on that just so I can really understand what you are saying. Sorry, I am not trying to be awkward, well, not on this occassion. ;)
LoveandPeace

Postby atticus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:56 pm

if money has been nicked, the financial regulator is likely to have an interest.
atticus

Previous

Return to Banking, Financial Services etc