Discussing UK law. Links: swarb.co.uk | law-index | Acts | Members Image galleries

FOTLey Fool

Law of banking - cheques, PPI etc. Insurance, Financial Services/

FOTLey Fool

Postby dls » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:29 pm

Some time ago, when the web was young I followed the Motley Fool website.

Nowadays we have the (Freeman On The Land) Fool (FOTLey Fool?)

Is this (another) one of them?

http://www.bailii.org/nie/cases/NICA/2015/41.html
David Swarbrick (Admin) dswarb@gmail.com - 0795 457 9992
dls
Site Admin

Re: FOTLey Fool

Postby Smouldering Stoat » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Yes, another one who had lost his home. We must have some sympathy, I guess, with those who turn to such tactics out of desperation. Less so when they need not.
Smouldering Stoat

Postby atticus » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:28 pm

He seems to have followed the ideas peddled by the get out of debt free lot. cf Tom Crawford.
atticus

Postby Slartibartfast » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:13 pm

atticus wrote:He seems to have followed the ideas peddled by the get out of debt free lot. cf Tom Crawford.

That's still rumbling on. An inexplicably stupid remnant group of Crawfordista's are still trying to take the house back. A crowd of 'supporters' set off to do this at the weekend, after getting boozed-up in a pub down the road. Fortunately the police were ahead of them and broke it up.

They don't seem to grasp that the house doesn't belong to Crawford any more. If he forces entry he will be arrested for burglary or criminal trespass. I can't see this ending until he gets himself sent to jail, leaving his wife homeless and skint in the street. And still the GOODF lot are crowing about what a hero he is.

It's a cult of self-annihilation.
"Judicial tergiversation is not to be encouraged"
Slartibartfast

Postby atticus » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:47 am

Slartibartfast wrote:Fortunately the police were ahead of them and broke it up.
They do not appear to have cottoned onto the fact that all sorts read those forums. Just as all sorts read this forum.
atticus

Postby shootist » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:36 am

FOTL and GOODF are. in essence, conspiracy theorists in the extreme. The trouble with conspiracy theorists is that they base their principles upon a belief, faith if you will. Then like all those victims of faith, whatever they read, whatever they see, it must be read and seen in the light of proof that they are right. It's like refuting dinosaur fossils as proof of the earth being billions of years old because those fossils were put there to test the faith of believers. Or offering what is written in the [enter religious text of your choice] as proof that the [enter religious text of your choice] is right. Stupid!

The basic rule of law was explained with perfect concise precision in the book 'Catch 22'.

"Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing."
"I do not agree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death my right to be offended by it."
shootist

Return to Banking, Financial Services etc